RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under

Barnacle

Climb on through my window.
guys where are you seeing this? it just says the video is unavailable

straightorbroken

rebel heart
BBC really throwing us some rope for much ropeyness. Why did Channel 5 even bother after Sunset Beach finished and Julia Bradbury packed her Cadbury's when Exclusive ended is beyond me.

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
I always wondered how they crammed in so much drag race in a year, I had no idea that a series was filmed in about 3 weeks until reading it on moopy.

I know I'm late to the party (again), but the impact of that feels quite significant to me, the intensity and stress of that environment suddenly seems all too believable, but then you have to ask how can Ru say someone hasn't DEVELOPED or GROWN when they entered the work room about 4 days previous :D

The very idea that Tia Kofi was going to be a CATWALK QUEEN a week after showing up with her bag of scraps!

ButterTart

HINGED
I always wondered how they crammed in so much drag race in a year, I had no idea that a series was filmed in about 3 weeks until reading it on moopy.

I know I'm late to the party (again), but the impact of that feels quite significant to me, the intensity and stress of that environment suddenly seems all too believable, but then you have to ask how can Ru say someone hasn't DEVELOPED or GROWN when they entered the work room about 4 days previous :D

The very idea that Tia Kofi was going to be a CATWALK QUEEN a week after showing up with her bag of scraps!
Is it really done in such a short timeframe? It’s no fucking wonder they don’t learn from their mistakes and keep relying on the same bits to see them through.

Raining On Me

Jesus Loves Winners
Is it really done in such a short timeframe? It’s no fucking wonder they don’t learn from their mistakes and keep relying on the same bits to see them through.

I thought I'd read that on here. Looking deeper, reports seem to vary but suggest it's closer to 4-5 weeks. With one episode filmed over a couple of days? I don't know if there's "days off" included in that. It's definitely a lot to squeeze in when you think what a whole season gives us and nowhere near enough time for a queen to be expected to hone their craft. Which is absolutely fine if not for the narrative we get about "giving us more" and "something different" all the time. As if an act they've been doing for years is suddenly going to evolve in a matter of weeks :D

The fact remains that 99% of them leave with the same quality they came in with, which now makes even more sense

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
I think it’s usually 2 days for each episode. Sometimes 3 when they need to rehearse and they get weekends off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom