Ruth Bader Ginsburg DEAD

God is still collecting the nice people before he presses the delete button.

He’ll be bunging on another rapist by Tuesday.

She basically sacrificed her retirement to hang on until January for us. What a QUEEN.

They’ll be fucked royally now if he wins the election (even more so than before).

RIP

But this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Booking my flight back to NZ as we speak.

FUCKED.

If whoever bought the last seat plonks in another piece of shit, that’s Roe, gay marriage, rights, all on the chopping block. A NIGHTMARE.

It's both admirable and REALLY FUCKING DEPRESSING that she was working right up until the end, through a number of health issues.

I hope she's not replaced by some hellish cunt.

FUCKED.

If whoever bought the last seat plonks in another piece of shit, that’s Roe, gay marriage, rights, all on the chopping block. A NIGHTMARE.

Some of the cunts on Trump's shortlist have already been saying it's time for Roe to go. Trump and the Republicans seem desperate to turn the US into a SHITHOLE COUNTRY.

Some of the cunts on Trump's shortlist have already been saying it's time for Roe to go. Trump and the Republicans seem desperate to turn the US into a SHITHOLE COUNTRY.

Firmly already a shithole country. I hope this if anything can encourage anyone who isn’t a fascist sympathiser to align behind Biden.

Surely they cannot install a new Justice before November?

Old TURTLE has already confirmed they will.

Fucking POLIO should have done its job!

Oh God.

You just know she was hanging on with EVERY FIBRE OF HER BEING. The timing is incredibly cruel for her, for the US and frankly for the world.

RIP RBG

BUGGER :(

There's multiple ways this could go:

1. They nominate/confirm someone pre-election (should win)
2. They nominate/confirm someone post election. This should motivate the looney tunes evangicals to vote as 4 more years = our SC nominee. If Trump loses, they get it through in the dead duck weeks. If they lose control of the senate though, it's no dice.
3. They nominate/confirm someone after Trump is reelected or Biden takes over (high risk)

STREAM RBG on Netflix NOW in the meantime

The Supreme Court tenure for life thing is massively dysfunctional; has anyone ever tried to change it?

The Supreme Court tenure for life thing is massively dysfunctional; has anyone ever tried to change it?
It's ridiculous.

The closest thing I've heard to changing it is bumping it up to more members. About as likely to happen as Senate reform and scrapping the Electoral College system.

Imagine clinging onto life because you know your death will the final cue for a massive rollback of basic human rights. What an atrocious thought to have on your mind for your last breath.

i must be really cruising for a bruising today but since no one else has stepped up i feel the need to point out that being appointed to the supreme court is not a death sentence. she chose to stay on despite being diagnosed with cancer multiple times since 1999 and while i can understand she probably expected clinton to win 2016, this is the end result of her not retiring earlier. get the pitchforks, i see it's all the rage on twitter.

also, i was rather surprised to hear her "dying wish was for trump to not appoint a new sc justice". how frivolous for a constitutionalist and i thought aoc's video whining about it was uncharacteristically indulgent.

she obviously did a lot and even trump was shockingly nice about her upon death. may she rest in peace.

Reactions: COB
from a 2014 interview:

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has a message for liberals who have been saying the 81-year-old should step down while Democratic President Barack Obama is in office so he can appoint her successor: Who are you going to get who will be better than me?

Referring to the political polarization in Washington and the unlikelihood that another liberal in her mold could be confirmed by the Senate, Ginsburg, the senior liberal on the nine-member bench, asked rhetorically, “So tell me who the president could have nominated this spring that you would rather see on the court than me?”

also:

speaking of which, this is a bit of a hot take, but, as far as i know with regards to the end result, it's not untrue:

I get the sentiment and also roll my eyes at some of those twitter responses you post but I generally don't think that hindsight logic is of any use to any current problem

I get the sentiment and also roll my eyes at some of those twitter responses you post but I generally don't think that hindsight logic is of any use to any current problem

of course. it's quite easy for me to scratch my balls on my couch and say she is ultimately responsible for what looks like a devastating turn of events for democracy in the us. but this is how events unfolded and i feel that idolizing people in the way that she was (and making them feel irreplaceable) is a big reason for it.

Omg at the LOON reporting the tweet! There really are some hard liberals who are BEYOND HOPE!

can a hotel not support women or feminism if its head chef is male? :D hardly the slam dunk of a burn @eater seems to think it is

The tampon portrait just reminded me of that woman who used her vaginal yeast as a sourdough starter a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom