S13 E04: RupaulMark Channel

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
I thought this was a delightful episode until I had to sit through the same 3 unfunny sketches. What’s with this season and repetition?

But I truly enjoyed everything before, the banter, the shooting of the videos and Ru seemed to be having the most fun she’s ever had.

Great runway as well, almost all of them were great and then that lipsync. Probably one of the best ever, not since Peppermint murdered Cynthia Lee Fontaine has there been a lipsync so good.

I’m glad the season is finally kicking into gear and for once I’m excited to watch Untucked.

Queen Ranking:
1. Symone - factory was the best line reading ever
2. Denali
3. Utika
4. Tamisha Iman
5. Olivia Lux
6. Rosé
7. Kandi
8. Tina Burner
9. Gotmik
10. Elliott
11. La La Ri
12. Joey Jay

I was disappointed that no one came out as an actual train. It’s so fucking obvious.

Loved the episode, the sketches were on same level as usual.

Tina, Kandy, and especially Joey had really awful looks for the runway.

It was a great lip sync and you knew even before it started who was going to leave. Felt sorry for poor Kimora.

01. Symone
02. Rosé
03. Olivia Lux
04. Tamisha Iman
05. Denali
06. Utika
(Kimora Hall)
07. Tina
08. Gottmik
09. Eliott
10. Joey Jay
11. Kandy
12. La La Ri

At this point I just switch to another browser window while the sketches are on.

I think Kamora must be one of the most useless queens ever to get cast. Undeniably gorgeous, but what would the act be if you saw her live? How on earth is she in the same Drag family as Jaida? The lip sync was just tragic.

And you could just imagine how much money she’s spent on expensive outfits that she won’t be able to show now.

On the other hand, this new format made us see a lot more of her than if she’d left from day one.

Even by RuPaul’s standards those sketches were fucking BIZZARE and DREADFUL. Would it kill the bitch to hire UNION WRITERS?

Last edited:
Great episode, a lot of strong queens this year. The sketches were fine, there's been a lot worse than that and there were enough funny queens to make something decent out of it.

Can we just gift Symone the win already? She destroyed everyone in every aspect. So lovely to be this far into Drag Race and still have someone manage to feel so refreshing. Hard to imagine anyone else coming close at this point.

Rosé is pretty dreadful on the runway and Kandy looked a fucking mess, but I'm guessing performance/personality will see them through for a few weeks.

Presumably La La Ri/Joey Jay/Eliott out next. Although Joey feels like a classic case of "why are you still here?" weeks down the line :gross:

I'm sorry but Denali is hands down the best dancer the show has ever seen. It's not just the moves, it's the co-ordination and the STAMINA. She's so FLUID.

Is it too early to declare Symone as the winner? Starpower from head to toe.

I'm always amused that there are so many of these basic queens named after Kimora Lee Simmons, and they are all USELESS. Has one woman ever inspired so many bad drag queens?

Not very surprising, since the original Kimora herself is the queen of delusion and cringe.

That being said, I believe KLS is quite the icon in Southeast Asia. But I've always commended Manila Luzon for choosing the vastly superior Imedla Marcos.

I stan Symone, don't get me wrong, but I don't think her challenge performance was that amazing. And I don't think Denali deserved bottom two. I think she was a strategic choice to deliver a great lipsynch and chop the dead wood that is Kahmora.

Also, why have they give Tamisha the exact same storyline as Nina Bonina Brown? It was boring the first time (and only elevated by Nina being hilariously messy).

I actually quite liked the challenge, well at least Symone's group :D I'd probably watch an extended cut of their sketch, Symone was serving 90s sitcom perfection :disco: I thought Mik was good too.

I loved Olivia, Kahmora and Symone's runways too, but Joey Jay's TONGUE THING was possibly one of the worst of ALL TIME :D
Rosé I also have to single out for having one of the most hideous aesthetics of any competent Drag Race queen, everything she wears is absolutely VILE!

Finally, I don't really understand the point of Kahmora's drag :D If she can't perform does she just flounce around in expensive gowns? :D

Oh I like that video a lot. Chicago has some amazing talent and seriously some of the best drag venues ever.

Also, not sure about other cities, but I'm loving the increasing number of "bio-queens" in Chicago. Although, I think there's still controversy around the concept in general. Kat Sass is a favorite.

Sketches were awful, but saved by some of the queens having Mary Poppins bags to pull from. Absolutely nothing was funny on the page.

I loved Cher's plug sink "whoa-oh-ou" and once again they almost didn't even use it.

Kamora gave a better performance as a tree during that lip sync at least.

What. A. Song. It really deserved baby Tatiana having an actual opponent though.

And I'm so over the whole "vagina? I don't even know her!" clockwork critiquing.

Finally got round to this and that was the biggest difference between winning and losing lip sync I think I've ever seen. Absolutely ridiculous that Denali was in the lip sync - I can't remember an episode having a more obvious bottom 2 at this stage as this week's. Lala and Kamora stood out like sore thumbs, one for each hand.

That 'factory' thing from Simone was inspired. Totally ridiculous and completely worked.

I was crying at Ross trying to direct Kamora to say 'I was rooting for us'. I actually think that was my favourite bit of the episode :D

Not even a page 2 on this thread! What is this, Holland's? :D

Well, I enjoyed this one, it was quite fun. The whole POINT of the repetitiveness was that Hallmark Channel films are so generic, wasn't it? And it was a nice scientific experiment to judge the different groups in broadly similar conditions (i.e. not especially funny films)

The werkroom stuff was sweet too, I like the atmosphere so far. It was a bit :rolleyes: at the failure to engineer any real rivalry between the two groups. Elliott's reactions behind the screen ... she's no Meryl Streep. The runway was pretty good, and that LIP SYNC :disco: I'm still putting it on during the week to re-watch it.

1. Denali - The acting was crap but that runway! that lip sync! I love her quietly fumming Tatianna face.

2. Symone - The one to beat, and I'm really enjoying her. Starting to see a bit of a pattern in her deliveries though. Hope she can keep the momentum.

3. Rosé - If Denali's the spiritual successor to Tati, then Rosé is giving me big Shannel energy :D I didn't think I'd like her much, but I love her slightly mad-eyed struts on the runway, and her pep talk with Denali in Untucked.

4. Olivia Lux - Still so gorgeous, and squeeze a bit of comedy out in the challenge. A bit of a non-week but I'm still excited.

5. Utica - I don't like people describing themselves as kooky etc, but I'm enjoying this. A little :eyes: at the slightly weird reaction everyone has about her religion, everybody say love

6. Tamisha Iman - Yeah she's getting her moments, I wonder when she's going to really start pushing though. It doesn't sound like she's especially here to win, and so far she's pretty middle of the pack.

7. Joey Jay - Wait, people were complaining about Elliott having an annoying voice? :D last week's boyhairGate made me wonder what she was doing (I really liked her entrance look with the Brooke Lynn hair), she could easily have been in the bottom this week too.

8. Elliott - I'm not finding her especially funny, but there's something compelling about her face when she's done up.

9. Gottmik - Not sure where that initial promise has gone, she's getting on my nerves a little bit. And that runway was crap.

10. Kahmora Hall - In her defence, I thought she tried to serve face in the lip sync, it wasn't a Charlie Hides situation. Unfortunate with the dresses, but I don't imagine it wouldn't have gone another way with another dress. She's nice, and the gowns, beautiful gowns, it didn't add up to much for me.

11. Kandy - Another Tasmanian Devil, I can't understand half of what she says, it's like verbal drag diarrhoea. Last week's runway was appalling, and this week wasn't much better. She's not quite as bad as I thought, but I'm getting FrankenVanjie vibes

12. Tina - Yawn, I thought she was a comedy queen? What happened? And that runway was booger.

13. La La Ri - Should've been bottom 2, hasn't done a single thing I've liked so far except her eye makeup.

I agree about Rosé, but I’ve been involountarily falling for her and slightly fascinated by her clearly mental personality. I hope she keeps delivering.

Tasmanian Devil is perfect for Kandy Muse :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom