S13 E07: Bossy Rossy Ruboot

VoR

Take it or leave it
Another dud episode. I really am as close as I've ever been to just tuning out at this point. :(

Am I going completely insane, or was Kandy Muse absolutely crap AGAIN? I do not understand how that performance put her in the top. From what we saw it was exactly as low energy as La La Rie and Elliott, but they edited reactions to make it seem like she was killing it. I just don't GET IT.

Sorry, miserable post. I will say Olivia was brilliant, a well deserved second win.

I agree, I really thought Kandy and even Symone were going to be in the bottom. They gave us nothing from the performance we got to see.

It’s frustrating how much potential Utica has, that she ruins by being too much. I thought she looked stunning in the challenge.

Happy for Eliott getting a bit of redemption in that amazing lip sync.

As for Rosé and Denali :D it’s actually getting too funny to see them trying and not getting there.

Yeah that wasn't an episode for the ages, but I did get a few laughs in the challenge. More than I got from the reading challenge at least :gross:

I felt the sticky fingers of production a little TOO much here, I wasn't sure what they were really trying to do with Elliott's storyline, it seemed like a breakthrough with Tina but Untucked sort of undid that. That was a satisfying lip sync though, those splits!

I get why Denali and Rose are so plucked by being safe, they have been pretty consistent, I guess it's just a matter of time. I love Olivia, but I thought this was Symone's week once the runways were added to the equation.

I have to say, I'm getting more of what I need from this than I am in DRUK, this week's looks were all pretty great, I think.

Last edited:
Oh and can they change the tagline to Untucked? "Girl, if you ain't watching Untucked, you're only getting a quarter of what Kandy Muse says"

Reactions: VoR
1) Symone - That runway was a real serve, totally fantastic. And the improv really showed the parts of Symone's humour that I really like. I guess I feel a bit like I did with Shangela - they're both good at serving characters, just their ranges of characters are a little limited. I hope Snatch Game doesn't fuck her up.

2) Rosé - I thought she'd be arrogant and awful, but as plucked as she is, she doesn't lose her shit. That's a big plus, as are her runways, this week was no exception. The comedy was there too. Love that gassy pout she does, and the SPINNING! :D

3) Olivia Lux - Looking like a million Bux (well, not today). She's sweet and we could see she's funny too. She does what I like to do, sort of throw herself under the bus of a joke to get a laugh, and it paid off today. Not sure I'd have given her the win at the end of the day, but I don't begrudge her.

4) Denali - This week's look was gorge, she was alright in the challenge, but overshadowed by Rosé. Hoping she gets her moment very soon. I thought she had the best read though, with Olivia's teeth looking whiter than Utica & GottMik's twerking :D

5) Elliott with 2 Ts - When the curse of TT was mentioned, I was rubbing my hands when she was paired with Tina. Sadly, it wasn't to pass. I have really liked all of her runways, she looks very put together. Not always the most exciting, but the details are clean. That lip sync too! The 2nd great one of the season I think.

6) Utica - Another great look, but like Ru, I am getting a little tired of the wackiness. It really IS derailing her other talents, and she doesn't seem to have done anything to address that critique yet. A lucky safe.

7) GottMik - Sort of fading into the background, her performance was good (while nobody else was on screen), I can't say I thought much of the runway, all I could think was "Oh that's like Latrice's AS4 thing".

8) Tina Burner - She had a nice moment with Elliott, her performance was alright (big bum lololol), but she's still quite unlikeable in confessionals, particularly at the start. Runway was OK, but a bit of a STATE. And didn't Celine say "A new day has come", rather than "It's a new day"?

9) Kandy Muse - Maybe I'm being harsh, but tbh everyone did SOMETHING good this week. She did take the critique and improve, respect for that, and the runway was good (why did I think about the Kingpin from Spiderman? It did nothing for her silhouette), I'm just sick of her getting 75% of the talking time! In Untucked it was her holding court, telling everyone about life, the universe and everything, then going to comfort Elliott, then opening the outdoor bit, then cutting to her inside again :D WTF

2) Rosé - I thought she'd be arrogant and awful, but as plucked as she is, she doesn't lose her shit. That's a big plus, as are her runways, this week was no exception. The comedy was there too. Love that gassy pout she does, and the SPINNING! :D

100% agree!
I feel like she’s about to explode any second so I keep holding my breath. I love how severe she looks in drag, and then the spinning happens. :disco:

They clearly have it in for Utica, for no reason. Ru really hates those quirky talented queens à la Thorgy.

I genuinely think people are going in wanting to hate US Drag Race at this point. It's really not that bad? The runway and the lip sync were good (with Symone and Olivia Lux both being sensational)? It wasn't a comedy challenge for the ages but it was fine? The Maury moment in the workroom was a delight? And both Tina Burner and Elliott with two Ts came across a lot more personable and even Kandy Muse didn't come off like a total dickhead every time the camera was on her for once (and actively came across much better now she isn't butting heads with Tamisha all the time).

Like yes WE ALL KNOW UK Drag Race is sensational but it's very possible to watch that and not think something happening at the same time is OMG WORST SEASON EVER - HOW is this anywhere near as bad as Season 11

Kandi was absolutely fucking atrocious in the challenge. Absolutely should have been bottom two.
The edit making her look like she’d done well while bizarrely making Utica look like she’d not done a good job (she did) has really pissed me off.

Kandi was absolutely fucking atrocious in the challenge. Absolutely should have been bottom two.
The edit making her look like she’d done well while bizarrely making Utica look like she’d not done a good job (she did) has really pissed me off.

Exactly! This is my big problem with this season - I don't mind if a queen I dislike is genuinely doing well. I just resent being LIED TO.

There's even a bit in Untucked where the safe queens clearly expect Kandi to be in the bottom 3. It's just so transparent.

I think this was my least favorite episode but I was also in a bad mood when I sat down to watch.

Denali and Rose are just another Jan. The judges are simply not excited by them. I expect Rose might have a chance but Denali should be out soon (she had the best reads IMO)

There’s no way Kandy was in the top, she was one the worst but her look was good.

Olivia was the clear winner, she was great and Gottmik was good with her.

I think Tina Burner is my least favorite queen ever. I’ve never seen a less likeable queen also her dress on the runway was atrocious.

Exactly! This is my big problem with this season - I don't mind if a queen I dislike is genuinely doing well. I just resent being LIED TO.

There's even a bit in Untucked where the safe queens clearly expect Kandi to be in the bottom 3. It's just so transparent.
It's the attempt to feed a narrative to us that contradicts what's actually happening, that's what I find galling. I refuse to believe Utica's 'I haven't thought about you at all' didn't raise a titter, while Kandi's panicked 'you little bitch' when she clearly couldn't think of anything else to say had them rolling in the aisles.
And the fucking confessionals that accompanied them... Having one say that they didn't understand why Utica was dressed as a hooker, when it made total sense for her to be dressed as a hooker, then having another say Kandi toning it down was really working when it absolutely wasn't.

I had to :D at a caption for a picture of the Mean Girls “On Wednesdays we wear red orange and red”

It's the attempt to feed a narrative to us that contradicts what's actually happening, that's what I find galling. I refuse to believe Utica's 'I haven't thought about you at all' didn't raise a titter, while Kandi's panicked 'you little bitch' when she clearly couldn't think of anything else to say had them rolling in the aisles.
And the fucking confessionals that accompanied them... Having one say that they didn't understand why Utica was dressed as a hooker, when it made total sense for her to be dressed as a hooker, then having another say Kandi toning it down was really working when it absolutely wasn't.

I never had the Tartress down as a fan!

I don’t know how many times I’ve already said it but I HATE Veronica. Both because she has proven to be unplaisant but also because she looks like someone I know and dislike. :bad:

Tina Burner's "they overlook you because they don't know you" is SUCH A COP-OUT. Elliott isn't a favorite of mine, but the girls cast her aside from the very beginning because she was from the losing team and she's kinda basic. She doesn't have to prove anything to them. THEY'RE the ones who need to apologize. The three of them openly declared themselves "mean girls" :D And somehow it's Elliott's responsibility? No ma'am.

The joke's on Candy Snooze because she's the most basic one of the lot.

I had to take a double take, how I'd scream and still be on the floor had that really been old stilts leg herself Marcy craning down those steps to bore them to tears introducing the next seg :disco:

I love Utica but I really don't understand why people are convinced that was edited to make her look bad?! Like the idea was all there, absolutely, and of course the hooker thing made sense, but her delivery was way off and that was obvious? I thought the jokes and lines were funny but SHE wasn't, sadly. I mean the starbucks or whatever it was gag awkwardly dragged on and the what should have been killer lines about not caring, Olivia being loud etc, were ruined by her Utica-ness, which she's been called out on before. I don't think that was editing, just Utica being Utica. Love her though, and really want her to improve.

I wasn't mad on her runway, either. I was getting Jimbo vibes the week she was ousted so was quite relieved when they praised it.

In fairness to her in the challenge she was competing against Olivia, who was brilliant, and she didn't stall like La La or Eliott. But I kind of felt she was doomed as soon as she said improv was "her thing" :D

Edit: obviously I'm well aware Drag Race edits the shit out of things, storylines, reactions etc, but I can't see it with Utica this week. She ballsed it up herself

Last edited:
As for Kandy, yeah it wasn't brilliant but she held her own just about and I'd have put her as safe. In the end we probably had the right bottom 2 as La La, god bless her, and Eliott were the only ones who looked close to claming up and falling apart entirely. Tina dragging out one tired joke saved Eliott from looking even worse I suspect. Good lip sync though.

Symone for me was the winner. Her performance was so good and there was some really clever humour going on there when most of the others went for full throttle slapstick. The candle jokes were brilliant and actually went somewhere. Fair enough giving Olivia the win but adding in Symone's runway and she edged it for me.

And I'm sorry but Rosé looks like a child's wardrobe on the runway week after week, delivering basic outfits that look put together in minutes. I didn't see any exception this week. Meanwhile she always delivers more or less in the challenges.

On the flip side, Denali is BEAUTIFUL but fades into the background on every challenge.

It's so obvious why these two are consistently safe, they can't be mad about it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom