S13 E09: Snatch Game

The problem was he literally made the same joke every time.

I agree, Paris wasn’t ALL THAT, but it at least had a bit of variety. Rue was just “men”, “gentlemen callers” and “gentlemen callers” again. It was shit.

Yes but the first time she said it, though it was the obvious answer, I thought... 'well that's the right answer'. It could have been a line from The Golden Girls itself. And they didn't laugh at that either - they didn't know she was going to repeat the same joke 15 times at that point.

I agree it wasn't delivered with confidence and Gottmik did better with that, but like I said, if they wanted to they could have edited that with a laugh track and decided it was funny.

Now that she's gone I may as well mention I think Elliott looks like the son Erasure's Andy Bell never knew he had. A very non conventional look, but such a by numbers drag aesthetic. Don't let the door hit you - unless midway through that laugh, in which case, then do.

I can’t believe people are defending Elliott, it was atrocious. Kandi may have been doing herself but at least herself is mildly funny. Elliott was just dead weight.

I'm not really defending her at all to be honest, just saying it was signposted from her first word that we were NOT ALLOWED to find anything she said funny. I still think she attempted to embody the character far better than Olivia who somehow has got off completely lightly with zero jokes and a sub par characterisation.

What do we think of the LIP SYNCH though? I have such a soft spot for Utica.

Hi everyone.

For what it's worth I agree somewhat with Cwej about the editing of her first joke, but on the whole thought Elliott was approaching Aidan Zayn levels of bad in that she just looked totally resigned to losing after her first answer and seemed mortified to even be there.

Somehow though Utica was even worse. I don't know if there's ever been a snatch character that was so difficult to watch. When she started licking the spray paint and Ru just stood there not even bothering to hide the fact that she was utterly DISGUSTED. :D

The bottom three were really undeniable. Utica had the best runway of the three but was dead last in the challenge, and Olivia beats Elliott by virtue of past performance I guess.

Gottmik was the most consistently strong and had maybe the best runway so her win makes sense, but I was pulling for Denali purely because it's painful to see her try so hard to win every single week and never quite make it. And no, that time she beat all the other losers in episode three doesn't count as a win. :)

That said, Symone managed to own this episode and come out of it looking like even more of a safe bet for the win despite not even landing in the top three. I love her so much.

Last edited:
pokemon-hello-gif.964330

Hi guys.

Elliott's men joke was mildly amusing at best, but ruined entirely by her delivery and lack of ANYTHING resembling personality or fun. That wasn't a bad edit - that was just Elliott. A bit like where Utica in the improv challenge had funny lines on paper but kind of ruined it herself.

The edit didn't screw her over. I'm not giving her credit just because she made one mild joke compared to Olivia's none, as Olivia at least had some life about her, misguided as it was. It was the right bottom 3 and I do think the right one was saved. Obviously all three were shit so whatever.

Elliott was lucky to get this far really.

I think Eliott was as bad as Olivia but I disagree that he was lucky to get this far. While the comedy hasn’t been on same level as the rest of the queens; the dancing and looks have been among the very best. Few queens each season can excell in all categories.

I think Eliott was as bad as Olivia but I disagree that he was lucky to get this far. While the comedy hasn’t been on same level as the rest of the queens; the dancing and looks have been among the very best. Few queens each season can excell in all categories.

thats what confused me so much about the lip sync, where were the movies? He just seemed like he had checked out in untucked and on stage :/

PERHAPS it's just my own sense of humour, but I thought Symone absolutely ran away with this. The absurdity of her playing Harriet Tubman, and her responses I thought were hilarious. Combined with that runway I thought it was one of the all-time Snatch Game greats, so was somewhat confused when she was just called as safe.

I didn't understand Rose's MQoS AT ALL, not even a slight SMILE raised by me. Paris Hilton was good, but I've seen her parodied so many times before (including by Paris HERSELF!) it didn't seem fresh or new to me in the slightest.

Utica was a hot mess, and absolutely one of the worst Snatch Games of all time in that it was genuinely uncomfortable to watch - see also Detox as Kesha and Yvie Oddly as Whoopi Goldberg.

thats what confused me so much about the lip sync, where were the movies? He just seemed like he had checked out in untucked and on stage :/

She seemed a bit hindered by her outfit, but also mentally checked out already.

The way she was treated on the show with being eliminated a couple of times and then rejected by the new group and never fitting in can’t have been that easy, especially as it turned out that she already dealt with mental health issues.

I'm still trying to figure out why Kandy was let off the hook. What a rubbish performance from a rubbish queen.

And there's only ONE true Patrick Star

1200px-Patrick_Star.svg.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom