S13 E11: Pop! Goes the Queen

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s late so I’m a keep it brief. The state of Tina and Kandi’s runway, jfc. Kandi should have been in the bottom over how atrocious she looked.

They don’t really like Utika or get her but I thought she looked gorgeous. Her Morticia Adams realness lipsync was everything.

Reactions: dUb
Probably the most satisfying elimination all season. But BOY did they suck at the challenge.

Fuck Michelle for saying Utica's outfit was "just pretty". There's so much favoritism.

And I know it was the commercial challenge, but I have to hear the phrase "MY BRAND" one more time...

Kandy saying "Cool, calm and COLLECTIVE" :zombie: ima just keep quiet.
They'll make up any excuse for her. Her runway was stupid and juvenile.

Reactions: dUb
Kandy's commercial was - by far - the worst, and her runway was atrocious. And she wasn't even Bottom Three!

This season is trash. They are determined to pay Utica dust, despite the fact that she is clearly more talented than a lot of the other girls. Amusingly, however, she keeps turning out the lip-syncs.

Symone is just so much better than everyone else at this point. :D

I thought most of them weren't great this week, but Tina and Olivia both sort of had a coherent story. Tina has had worse weeks, and it just felt like they were ready to send her home this time round. Gottmik was really poor in the challenge. When she's good she's really good, but they're definitely protecting her and know that her lip syncing would put her at risk.

Utica felt like Katya-lite in the commercial. And I'm getting nervous/second-hand embarrrassed thinking about her in a Roast already. :( But the lip sync was good. Rosé is very solid but very overthought and clinical. And Kandy is Kandy.

1. Symone

2. Gottmik

3. Olivia?
4. Rosé
5. Utica/Kandy

I found this season much more enjoyable when I just made peace with the fact that Kandy has a guaranteed place in the final four and stopped kidding myself that her performances, looks and lip syncs were ever going to be judged by the same standard that everyone else is.

So with that caveat in mind, probably the correct bottom 2 and definitely the right girl went home. Utica's commercial really didn't work in fairness, but she slayed that lip sync.

Tina can go home with a proud record of being absolutely terrible at every aspect of the show :D

One thing that really is annoying me, beyond the Kandy factor, is how lazy the production of this show has become. They really need to clean house behind the scenes. That was, what, the FIFTH 'Queen can't say the right words (but it's blatantly just the same take played over and over again)' runner this season?!

I think I like Symone more than I liked anyone last year, but I just miss the overall feeling of Season 12. The Sherry Pie stuff threw things askew a bit, but the last few weeks were just so lovely to watch and I wanted everyone to do well. And it felt revitalised somehow. I was so excited to watch it every Saturday morning during lockdown.

This all just seems a little tired now, despite last week being a good change. And now UK2 is done. :(

I am SO TIRED of this season insisting to me that Kandy Muse is hilarious!

That aside, I laughed so much during this episode - and frankly, never would have seen myself whooping for a Rosé win. That plus another Utica save makes for a delightful episode. I'm making peace with the fact that Olivia Lux probably isn't going to be top 4, but I can sub her out for Rosé and an All Stars narrative. I absolutely CANNOT tolerate Utica being subbed out for Kandy Muse (I'm taking Symone and Gottmik as givens for the top 4 at this stage)

Next week is a roast and you know how hilarious they think Kandy so I expect her to be in.

Will probably be Olivia and Utica in the bottom.

Last season was so much better. Gigi, Jan, Jaida, Crystal, Heidi....the talent was THERE.

Next week is a roast and you know how hilarious they think Kandy so I expect her to be in.

Will probably be Olivia and Utica in the bottom.
I wonder if Kandy will do something really out there and refreshing like spout drag catchphrases and say bitch a lot instead of telling a joke.

I was having this chat with @Penelope the other day - the narative that season 7 was the nadir of the franchise is increasingly ridiculous.

It was a step down from 5 and 6, sure - but it gave us Katya, Kennedy, Ginger, Trixie, MRS KASHA DAVIS.

I'd re-watch it over pretty much any of the post-season 9 efforts.

I was having this chat with @Penelope the other day - the narative that season 7 was the nadir of the franchise is increasingly ridiculous.

It was a step down from 5 and 6, sure - but it gave us Katya, Kennedy, Ginger, Trixie, MRS KASHA DAVIS.

I'd re-watch it over pretty much any of the post-season 9 efforts.
Oh absolutely, it was the first 'SHOCKING' dip in quality for a show that was only getting better with each season up until then. Season 7 is an easy watch compared to the diabolical Season 11.

I think Season 7 comes off a lot better than it should do when you look at the calibre of the contestants, but the season as a whole was still a step down and is a bit of a slog compared to most of the other standard seasons. Still not as weak as Season 11 though.

For me it's cuz Kennedy and Trixie didn't get good until AFTER S7.

But yes we need Mrs Kasha Davis to be on All Stars immediately.

How you all remember these individual seasons so well is beyond me.. :D How often do you watch them all? For me, like all reality TV, it's basically watch it once and it's done, plus a few memes here and there.

Anyway... baffled by Kandy again. And as usual I HATE the canned laughter to reinforce how funny certain queens are.

I thought Tina shouldn't have been bottom 2 this week - her commercial was much better than Gottmik's.

Rose has grown on me - a firm 2nd place for me overall in the series now.

1. Symone
2. Rose
3. Utica
4. Olivia
5. Gottmik
6. Kandy
7. Tina

So even though I think Tina shouldn't have been bottom 2 this week, I'm overall pleased she's gone. Look at the triumvirate of HATE in my bottom 3 there.

I am also pleased Tina is gone as I don’t think she ever got going, but I do not understand how she was bottom 2. Utica deserved to be there for sure, but Gottmik’s ad was TERRIBLE and I thought the outfit was ok rather than amazing and Kandy had an ok ad but the outfit was utterly appalling. Olivia was entirely boring too and I’d rank her under Tina this week.

I’m glad it was a double win- both winners looked great on the runway and the ads made me properly chuckle a couple of times.

RANK (MINE NOT REPORT CARD)

1. Symone
2. Rosé

3. Olivia

4. Utica
5. Kandy
6. Gottmik

I actually thought Gottmik's concept was great but she just didn't put it across well enough - she was basically going for the Jinkx perfume thing and the judges loved that, so I can see the thought process behind it.

Michelle really doesn't give Tina an easy ride in Whatcha Packin'. "Red, orange and yellow. Where did that start... and when will it end?" :D

Much as I didn't think Tina deserved to be in the bottom this week, she's no loss. Those supercilious, smug talking heads where she looked down on everyone else's ideas, seemingly unaware that her own were invariably shit...

I can only echo what’s been said earlier here. I’m really finding it hard to enjoy this season because of Kandy and the way she’s being favoured. How she wasn’t in the bottom this week is beyond me.

I ended up feeling sorry for Tina. She’s really been rubbish at everything. Her looks are a big joke, it feels like the whole drag race world was having a laugh at her. Ironically, I thought she looked her best on the runway today.

Aside from Rosé, and poor Utica (who keeps frustrating me), I don’t really like anyone that’s left. I can’t warm up to Symone, her friendship with the mean girls annoy me.

Bring back Tamisha! :(

The body was great but I didn't like her face just popping out of a hole in the front... Olivia dealt with that blending better I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom