S13 E14: Gettin' Lucky!

Ru’s “tears” were hilarious. Even Mr Sheena said “oh that’s cause she’s trying to atone for the transgender shit”.

Well I enjoyed that for the most part, at least more than last week. Having a bit of a celebration was what I needed this week, and felt better than any forced drama they could have made. Yeah, the switch to 4-people finals has sort of robbed it of any drama of elimination, but as long as they want to continue the Lip Sync Battle Royales, the only option would be - like S11 - to have the big music video challenge when there are 5 queens left. I suspect it was down to filling up the episode order than anything else, and probably next season will be different.

I think this IS probably the right top 4 - diverse and all skilled in their areas. I mean Kandy wouldn't have been my pick, but once Denali went out I did think Kandy had more to offer from the other subsequent eliminees, and I have grown to like her a lot more than other production-pick queens from previous seasons.

I know I'm not the majority here, but I DO want to see gays on TV without having to have drama EVERY TIME. This episode WAS rather padded but it was uplifting.

I'm actually inclined to believe the tears, Ru has been a lot more into it this season, I feel like she's let go more than in quite a while. Visage too has been a bit softer, and Ross & Carson have been so good. It's just a nicer vibe at the moment.

Anyway

1) Rose - I like the confidence, and I thought I'd put her first now because there's no way she's going to win. "Professional" really was a compliment, but that's not the storyline winners have is it? A fairly healthy childhood, a decent career and now feeling happy doing drag. Winners need struggles so whatever. That said I thought her makeup was a bit off this week, it felt very dark (mind you, the Lucky lighting was iffy), and the runway represented her but I just didn't like the look much. I mean it can't be helped if her family's tartan is that, but it was quite dark too. Love the sporran clutch though. She IS a comedy queen but there just wasn't much comedy this week.

2) Gottmik - I really enjoyed how genuinely happy she is now - I mean she hasn't really struggled much this season at all, but it still feels like she has grown a lot. I didn't like the runway on first glance, but the details of the cutouts and even the makeup cutouts really was a bit of a serve. I think she might get the crown yet.

3) Symone - 3rd isn't a bad ranking, I think they are all solid. Runway was a nice idea, but again it was such a dull colour and fabric, it wasn't exciting. Also I was streaming the episode so I thought the hair decorations were tinfoil, like she's getting highlights or something :D but anyway I like her a lot, even if the vulnerability has been a bit TOO much lately, it comes and goes so much!

4) Kandy - Well, here we are. There are other queens I'd have preferred to have been here, but I don't begrudge it now. Runway was alright too (I really didn't love anyone's runways this week). Yeah

"Lucky" was a decent bop, but I don't think this is going in my Hall of Fame

The Untucked kind of redeemed Kandy for me. I still think she’s obnoxious but she seems to be aware of it and trying to deal with it. 🤷‍♂️

I wonder if they will cast Lagoona Blue next season (the third member of Stephanie’s Child). She was in a Nailed It episode and seemed quite fun.

I thought Rosé's runway (outfit, makeup AND hair) was horrible - and the look on her face, really thinking she was doing something... :basil:

I wonder if they will cast Lagoona Blue next season (the third member of Stephanie’s Child). She was in a Nailed It episode and seemed quite fun.

She also has an absolutely phenomenal single at the moment:

(Well I think it is anyway!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom