S14 E03: A Pair of Balls

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
What a messy lipsync. I find these ball episodes to be rather boring and overlong. Also we’re back to the start with no eliminations.

The standouts were Angeria and Willow, the rest were different levels of forgettable. I thought Jorgeous would be in the bottom, 100% relying on the body.

Maddie just does not exude life in her drag. It’s very flat and there’s no illusion.

June was such a mess, it was sad to watch.

Bringing back those two queens was so unnecessary :rolleyes:

The lipsync was shit, but June is such a rubbish drag queen. The ‘it’s chocolate :square:’ part did make laugh :D though, yeah, what a shitty excuse of a twist to promote Ru’s chocolate :side-eye:

June has to be one of the most rubbish queens we’ve seen for a long time, glad to see her go.

The other one should’ve been sent home too. Clearly there’s nothing more about him other than being straight.

June was shit but Maddies lip stink was awful.

Was totally on board for a double elimination.

I may not have thought anything of them, but I'm happy they came back as 1 episode is just such a horrible result after all that effort to have prepared. The shorter one looks like a cute raccoon out of the drag. Having seen the preview, I also laughed twice ar Kornbread's "it was a short story" reply.

I've not noticed Bosco this episode until she turned up looking like Sarah "Annie Douglas" Buxton in leopard print.

They really should get Morgan Fairchild on as a judge just to look at what she's done to her face again. It was quite the shock on Revenge.

I thought June came together with her first 2 runways, but the 3rd was a dud. She literally threw that lip sync away.

Yeah I didn't get too far into last week's, gorge

I really like the chocolate bar twist for this season by the way. I know it could end up with someone I don't like staying when it's their time to go but at least it'll be DUMB LUCK rather than manipulation and it's just a bit of FUN ISN'T IT!

Still, Kornbread is giving me Bianca “shade yet lovely” vibes, Willow is the big shock so far- she’s great- and also, WHAT THE HELL WAS RU ON?

They really need to stop the balls so early in the season, the show is entertaining and watchable because of the queens interacting and their characters, not them wearing shit down the runway.

violet is such a great queen, fantastic. never knew she was a kylie fan, but you cannot argue with tasté. monet on the other hand is a damp squib and i probably resent her for winning - effortless but not in a good way.

speaking of effortless in a bad way, glad to see june go. she seems like a nice kid but the lack of effort drives me crazy.
maddy needed to leave as well, the lipsynch was dire all around. not only was the performance poor and the looks embarrassing, but something is off - there's an awkwardness about the whole storyline and i feel bad for her. conducive for good tv it is not. the exchange with ru was cringe. i liked the outfit with the head on a platter but i'd already seen a little kid rocking it and better.

so glad orion is back, i like her and downer eyebrows, and to some extent daya (hate the make-up, hate the drag, like the person).

faves in no order:
bosco
willow
kornbread
jasmine
angeria

next out: deja

I don't know about anyone else, but I preferred Lady Camden's last attempt at bridal couture:
maxresdefault.jpg

The chocolate thing is such bullshit :D

1) AS IF they're going to lip sync and stand on the main stage with a HERSHEY BAR rapidly melting between their tits.

2) AS IF they wouldn't just sneak a look at their bars at some point as soon as they got them anyway.

3) AS IF the producers aren't just going to hand the golden ticket to whoever this season's equivalent of KANDY MUSE turns out to me when the moment comes.

Well of course the chocolate bar isn’t on them in the same way the All lipstick is never in any one’s bra in case it falls out halfway through.

The rest, yes, it sounds like it’s that way but it also sounds more like an excuse to flog some chocolate based merchandise to me.

I do worry it means we won’t have a genuine “double save” if we need one.

This show :D
So the first eliminees getting brought back was weird, just "here they are again", it didn't feel like a twist. But I AM pro giving queens a chance to show a bit more, it helped last season. Maybe that's some sort of acknowledgement of how much prep they have to do to come. I always hated when people were sent home on the first episode craft challenge, they'd never even worn their own shit down the runway.

I see Sheena's point about the balls being too early - maybe that's also about giving queens to display a fair few of their looks before the early queens are out.

AND THE CHOCOLATE THING :D! Nonsense, if it's not tampered with, then what a bizarrely arbitrary and unpredictable way to extend the season - I mean what if someone in the top 2 got it? And if it's all rigged (which they're making a bit show of it not being rigged, with them signing the bars), then ... why can't they just do the old Ru saves?? That at least FELT a lot more deserved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom