Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under

The current chart run of 17GU:

44-62-70-60-61-57-57-60-54-60-65-68-OUT-26-38-37-43-22-9-9-8-15-9-18-30-3-5-6-6-8-7-6-7-7-6

It's probably going to go back up again this week owing to his appearance on Ant & Dec. Crazy stuff for a rock song in 2022.
It's actually down to #22 in the midweeks. Because it's hit the accelerated chart ratio this week.

Album back up to 22 though. It was #36 last week - surprised it had fallen that far.

It's actually down to #22 in the midweeks. Because it's hit the accelerated chart ratio this week.

Ah interesting. Still don't understand what that means! But I know it's a thing.

Ah interesting. Still don't understand what that means! But I know it's a thing.
From the OCC. I know you didn't ask, but I'm going to post it anyway.

How does the Singles Chart work?

New releases will have a streaming ratio applied to them in order to calculate the number of streams equivalent to a sale. The ratio used will depend on the age of the release and whether the listener streamed the track or album using a premium or an ad funded (free) service.

Standard Chart Ratios (SCR)

New releases will have a streaming to sales ratio of 100:1 (in the case of premium streams) or 600:1 (in the case of ad funded streams) applied.

Example:

A release picks up 15,000 streams this week. 9,000 of those streams are premium and 6,000 are ad funded. The release will have a total of 100 chart sales (90 premium, 10 ad funded).

Accelerated Chart Ratios (ACR)

Using only SCR to calculate the chart meant that a number of singles would stay in the charts for months following release with new releases finding it difficult to impact upon the charts. In order to keep the chart fresh, Accelerated Chart Ratios were introduced.

After 3 consecutive weeks of decline a stream to sale ratio of 200:1 (in the case of premium streams) or 1200:1 (in the case of ad funded streams) will be applied.

Example:

A release picks up 15,000 streams this week. 9,000 of those streams are premium and 6,000 are ad funded. The release will have a total of 50 chart sales (45 premium, 5 ad funded).

What else do I need to know?

Accelerated Chart Ratio cannot be applied to any product with fewer than 9 weeks on the chart (i.e. ACR can only be applied in the 10th week on the Top 100 chart, at the earliest).

SCR and ACR apply regardless of whether the stream is audio or video.

“Decline” is defined as negative week on week variance of combined audio and video streams below the combined streaming market rate of change week on week.

Automatic Resets: A track within the Top 100 on Accelerated Chart Ratios (ACR) which is within 3 years of release can automatically return to Standard Chart Ratios (SCR) if its streams total increases by 25% greater than the streaming market change week on week.

Example:

A track with a week on week variance of +14%, in a week where market variance is -11%, would be automatically reset.

A maximum of three singles within the Top 100 by the same artist will be chart eligible. These will be the three most popular singles in a week based on combined sales and streams.

I was following up to the point of What Else Do I Need To Know :D

7CcX.gif

What was that thing recently though where Adele's label asked them to change her ACR? Can they just DECIDE what to apply rules to now?

I THINK ( as in I'm not certain) that although it says

A track within the Top 100 on Accelerated Chart Ratios (ACR) which is within 3 years of release can automatically return to Standard Chart Ratios (SCR) if its streams total increases by 25% greater than the streaming market change week on week

that it doesn't happen automatically - the record label has to request it. And although I initially thought 'well why WOULDN'T they?', it could be that the label wouldn't necessarily want that old track to benefit, if they are trying to promote a new single instead, perhaps?

@ManicKangaroo to advise if I'm correct, or if he's aware of something I've got wrong or am missing, please.

Last edited:
OK that makes sense. It's just all so odd. "HELLO is that the OCC hotline?? Can you put me through to the person who turns the ACR on and off please? I'd like to push my song back into the Top 50 in its 37th week!!!!"

Look at Easy On Me's chart run. Let's see if we can work out where ACR was applied, withdrawn, and reapplied :eyes:

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-28-38-1-2-3-5-23-23-25-30-33-39

Last edited:
That's so fucking ridiculous :D

Imagine working for the OCC and thinking I CAUSED THAT

That's so fucking ridiculous :D

Imagine working for the OCC and thinking I CAUSED THAT
The Adele one is made to look even more ridiculous because of all the Christmas tracks that entered above it - but then I guess it also benefited from that when it could be reset due outperforming the market variance or whatever the term is, as surely all the non Christmas songs would be outperforming the market, when the week before 75% of the chart was Christmas songs which then plummeted.

I THINK ( as in I'm not certain) that although it says

A track within the Top 100 on Accelerated Chart Ratios (ACR) which is within 3 years of release can automatically return to Standard Chart Ratios (SCR) if its streams total increases by 25% greater than the streaming market change week on week

that it doesn't happen automatically - the record label has to request it. And although I initially thought 'well why WOULDN'T they?', it could be that the label wouldn't necessarily want that old track to benefit, if they are trying to promote a new single instead, perhaps?

Actually it is automatic now

The Adele case was down to a rule change, where for the week after Christmas the "automatic return to SCR" was suspended and record labels were able to nominate which songs were reset to avoid all of those old songs being reset (as suggested by @lolly above.)

This is driving me up the wall. How do I get a job with these fucking cretinous cunts?

New song from the deluxe/live repackaging:

It obviously sounds like you know who again, but that really is fucking stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom