SARAH FERGUSON OPINION POLL

What do you think of the original Fergie?

• Total voters
I'm surprised she was invited. I thought these days she was OFFICIALLY NO ONE

I find her cosmic haplessness massively endearing. You can put her in pretty much any situation and guarantee she'll make a complete tit of herself.

I can relate.

The Mail published only the bad photos of her.

Isn't that standard for every female on there?

*NEWSFLASH - HEAVILY PREGNANT KIM KARDASHIAN LOOKS SLIGHTLY PLUMP*

Last edited:
Isn't that standard for every female on there?

*NEWSFLASH - HEAVILY PREGNANT KIM KARDASHIAN LOOKS SLIGHTLY PLUMP*

Katherine Jenkins seems to always get a good photo. I presume she blinks so it's just selective.

Is she still unable to leave the country due to being a WANTED CRIMINAL in Turkey?

Sarah or Katherine?

The celebs are just so confusing these days.

On 13 January 2012, the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Turkey issued an international arrest warrant for the Duchess of York. She had travelled to Turkey in 2008 and covertly filmed a Turkish State Orphanage. The Turkish authorities alleged that the Duchess made a false declaration when entering the country (in relation to her motives for visiting Turkey), trespassed into a Turkish Government institution and also invaded the privacy of children. If convicted, she faces 22 years imprisonment. Turkey and Britain have an extradition treaty, however, Home Office officials have stated "Under UK extradition law a judge must order the discharge of [an extradition request] if it is not an offence under UK law and in the country requesting extradition. In this case there is no offence in UK law so there will be no extradition".

Turkish Ministry of Justice officials have stated that they will issue an International Interpol arrest warrant for the Duchess thus preventing her from travelling abroad to countries which have an extradition treaty with Turkey. On 17 January 2012, the Duchess cancelled her planned trip to the United States of America for fear of being arrested and extradited to Turkey. Turkey and the United States of America are two NATO allies who have a broadly defined extradition treaty. It has been reported that the Duchess has cancelled all trips abroad for fear of being arrested and extradited to Turkey. Turkey has recently as part of its bid to join the European Union been incorporated into the European justice framework and accordingly has extradition treaties with many countries within Europe.

Turkey maintains that the Duchess distorted information about the orphanage and utilised an isolated incident in a smear campaign against the Republic of Turkey. Turkey invited international human rights organisations to inspect any orphanage of its choosing in order to show its transparency in relation to the issue.

On 5 May 2012, the trial began into the charges brought by the Ankara State Prosecutor's office. Cansu Sahin, representing Sarah Ferguson (as she is referred to in the Turkish Court proceedings), who was not present, told the Ankara court that his client has apologized and would like to plea bargain with the prosecution.

Oh Sarah.

Last edited:
I UTTERLY adore her for myriad reasons- not least that she's ENTIRELY RIDICULOUS :disco:

So basically she can't leave Britain for fear of being arrested, extradited to Turkey and jailed for 20 years in a Turkish prison (think Midnight Express, with the butch prison warder played by Claire Balding).

She needs to do a reality show - 'Sarah - Her New Chapter: Cell Block H

So many choice quotes in this Financial Times interview :D

“You can’t explain me,” she sighs, at the end of our three-hour lunch. Indeed, I nearly gave up trying. No other lunch guest has talked more about their true self, while also seeming to play a part. None has professed their joy, while wearing their past wounds so rawly. And none has presented me with eight A4 pages of famous quotations, from the likes of AA Milne and Emily Dickinson, in case they happen to come up in the conversation.

“If I was you, I would go: ‘That was quite a good quote she said.’ I’ve brought them with me, so you don’t have to write it all down.” How thoughtful, I say. “That is exactly what I adore! If you say, what’s the one thing [about me] — apart from being a great mother, I’ll own that — I love thinking. I love it! Thoughtfulness is my middle name.

It’s gone 2pm, and at last the duchess pauses long enough to order. She chooses a burrata salad, with no truffle dressing, followed by sea bass. I go for quinoa, followed by chickpea cassoulet.

“I don’t drink at lunch. I never have,” she says. “OK, I will have a glass of champagne, since it’s a big day, and I just saw a bottle opened, so I know it’s open.” She turns to the waitress. “Pink. If it’s open, though. And if you happen to see Laurent-Perrier lying around . . . ” Shortly afterwards, I hear the pop of a cork.

How normal is her life? Can she go to the supermarket? “Yes.” Does she go to the supermarket? “I could do.”

Marina the waitress offers desserts and coffees. “I am absolutely, 100 per cent not going to have anything, thank you very much,” says the duchess, before ordering an espresso.

Ferguson prides herself on being the University of Huddersfield’s first visiting professor in philanthropreneurship. But her money problems remain. She struck a deal to launch her tea and jewellery company Ginger & Moss worldwide, but the backer, Gate Ventures, collapsed into administration, having squandered large amounts of its Chinese investors’ money.

Gate paid £288,000 to the Duchess but, in a subsequent legal battle, was unable to clarify whether the money was repayable. A High Court judge wondered why, given that the Duchess was also a director of Gate, her interest had not been fully disclosed. More Gate funding is no longer available.

“Very bad luck for me. This is the exact example of me not having the right business advice . . . Come on, give me a break, universe!” Couldn’t she just go to a bank? “Not with my past. Not many banks want to take a punt on me. I haven’t had the best results with finances. Something we need to work on.”

The bill arrives. Ferguson searches for her driver, and showers me with royal-themed gifts for my family — books, a toy corgi, candles, a diffuser of mown grass. I have new insight into why her finances might be overstretched.

I don’t drink at lunch EXCEPT EVERY DAY MORE LIKE

I don’t usually pay much attention to Fergie but I like her A LOT and she sounds amusingly inconsistent in that interview. I see there are lots of things about her on YouTube to keep me briefly quiet so FERGIE UP :disco:

I will say what I said about Geri Halliwell's astonishing YouTube series about this... we must support the arts.

“I don’t drink at lunch. I never have,” she says. “OK, I will have a glass of champagne, since it’s a big day, and I just saw a bottle opened, so I know it’s open.” She turns to the waitress. “Pink. If it’s open, though. And if you happen to see Laurent-Perrier lying around . . . ” Shortly afterwards, I hear the pop of a cork.

QUEEN OF THE MASSES!!

I hope the interviewer meant a Corgi plush, and Sarah didn't just HAND HIM A DOG :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom