Saturday Ponders

Oh actually speaking of gin, @Sheena - I want to buy a friend a really nice bottle to take to a garden party next month. Happy to spend about £35 or so, and I've got a few weeks so can order it online. Any recommendations?

Did we not have a Star Trek Beyond thread, really? I want to find out how much I cringed at that Beastie Boys thing

They remembered the gin though, right?

I was left without ANY shopping at all. Not a single item.
I'm now going to have to go to Lidl and buy things that I don't need from their middle aisle.

I was left without ANY shopping at all. Not a single item.
I'm now going to have to go to Lidl and buy things that I don't need from their middle aisle.
What, they cancelled a delivery?

Sainsburys did that to a friend last week who was self isolating, due to a shortage of drivers who are self isolating. My friend is a Sainsburys delivery driver :D

Oh actually speaking of gin, @Sheena - I want to buy a friend a really nice bottle to take to a garden party next month. Happy to spend about £35 or so, and I've got a few weeks so can order it online. Any recommendations?

Standard gin or flavoured (fruity or something) gin?

What, they cancelled a delivery?

Sainsburys did that to a friend last week who was self isolating, due to a shortage of drivers who are self isolating. My friend is a Sainsburys delivery driver :D

I do click and collect, the last 3 months about 8 times they just don't turn up/ turn up late. Today they just didn't turn up so I'm sitting there for an hour waiting for no reason.

I was looking for some planters last night so now I'm getting adverts on Facebook. I keep miss reading the name of this one :bad:

Screenshot_20210731-115636_Facebook.jpg

The simulation is glitching.

Either, I guess :D
I love Malfy- Italian gin so a nice novelty.

For fruity, there is a Jaffa Cake gin I love. If you want supermarket, Whitley Neill do some nice fruit ones.

If you want to support Rachey and her fudge emporium (still not a euphemism but should be), go Mermaid gin.

If you have a right on gay audience, there’s a Stonewall/Pride gin I saw the other day, but I haven’t tried it.

Thanks - I'll go Malfy and play it safe I think.

I've seen Jaffa Cake gin and been tempted for myself. But I don’t think I've ever bought gin for myself other than with the purpose of making cocktails with it. What do you drink Jaffa Cake gin with to appreciate it, rather than bury it?

Thanks - I'll go Malfy and play it safe I think.

I've seen Jaffa Cake gin and been tempted for myself. But I don’t think I've ever bought gin for myself other than with the purpose of making cocktails with it. What do you drink Jaffa Cake gin with to appreciate it, rather than bury it?
I have some marmalade vodka at home and the best way is neat with lots of ice, or just shotted. It loses something when you put lemonade or tonic with it

This Spanish strawberry gin is amazing - can’t recommend it highly enough. It’s available from Amazon too for about £25.

1B516844-ECB7-4371-8CFB-BE1DD145A29F.jpeg

I'm fairly sure I won't like it neat. Perhaps I'd better stick with Gordon's for my cherry gin fizz.

They're so worried about bad publicity, they'll stump up in a flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom