Saturday Swings Oscar Sings

Hi gorge!

I need to buy a friend a birthday present and I have no idea what to get her. I hate buying gifts!

Hi gorge!

I need to buy a friend a birthday present and I have no idea what to get her. I hate buying gifts!
There isn't a person alive who doesn't want one of these.
81qfCRLbsVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

There isn't a person alive who doesn't want one of these.
81qfCRLbsVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I remember the excitement of Christmas morning when spawn was four and she opened the Mr Frosty that her mum had wanted since she was a child. I also remember the crushing disappointment of discovering that Mr Frosty was a lying piece of shit because his icy treats needed arms like Popeye to grate the ice and the flavour was no different than sucking on a plain icecube.

I remember the excitement of Christmas morning when spawn was four and she opened the Mr Frosty that her mum had wanted since she was a child. I also remember the crushing disappointment of discovering that Mr Frosty was a lying piece of shit because his icy treats needed arms like Popeye to grate the ice and the flavour was no different than sucking on a plain icecube.
:D I never actually got one despite asking every year. Now I'm thinking I may have dodged a bullet*.

*I still want one, though.

:D I never actually got one despite asking every year. Now I'm thinking I may have dodged a bullet*.

*I still want one, though.

I was the same, I'd always wanted one so when spawn arrived I could buy her all of the things I'd wanted but never got (Mr Frosty, Girls World, A La Carte Kitchen, Playdoh barber shop). None of them lived up to my hopes and dreams of them.

I don't know what happened to the one that spawn had, if I find it in the loft one day it's yours!

I inherited a Play doh barber shop from a cousin who always got what she asked for....

I loved it!

I always asked for the Cadbury mini chocolate dispenser every Christmas. In hindsight, it really WAS a waste of money once you had eaten the ten or so chunks of chocolate.

:disco: I'm off down the SHOPS today to spend a bit of money.

We still don’t have a bloody thing open here apart from ESSENTIAL STORES and GARDEN CENTRES although I have quite the online shopping addiction so have bought EVERYTHING I don’t need already.

I wanted nothing more than this Petite Post Office set, but only got to play with the one my cousin had.
View attachment 1721

Wow that's a blast from the past! I'm pretty certain there was one of these at my gran's house. There was also a toy switchboard/telephone exchange thing that I used to love. It was just an upright plastic board with numbered holes in and there were pegs on pieces of elastic at the bottom and you'd wind the handle which would make the exchange ring, pick up the handset and talk to the imaginary caller then connect them by putting one of the pegs into one of the holes. That was it.

Also can confirm Mr Frosty was a disappointment.

My favourite was THE GRAPE ESCAPE
Q1q5TRe.jpg

Which was a bit like mousetrap only with play dough grapes that got murdered in gruesome ways.

pic204425.jpg

pic204427.jpg

Reactions: GNL
My favourite toy was a ferry with a working chimney. The smell of whatever they used for the smoke was AMAZING :disco:

I have distinct memories of my mum having to check on me after I went to bed on the night my tamagotchi died because I was SOBBING.

I had also accidentally overwritten my pokemon save that same day and I told her that I was crying because 'everything I love DIES' :D

I'd like to inform all of you that I used to take spawn's Tamagotchi to work in the prison with me so it didn't die while she was at school, that's true motherly love! I found her old Furbies in the loft a couple of years ago and put batteries in one of them to see if it still worked. It did and after four minutes of "oh wayloh" those batteries were back out again!

I remember that the Furbies were sold out and rare as hen's teeth when they first came out but I had a friend who worked at Argos, she rang me at work to say they'd just had a delivery and they would be live for sale within an hour so I was straight on the phone to Ops to see if the driver was free and could I borrow him to take me to get credit put on the franking machine (in the olden days franking machines had a removeable "chip" that had to have credit added manually at the post office). He was, so I was driven into Hemel in the prison minibus and came back with six Furbies that had all been "pre-ordered over the phone" (only one was for me).

I have distinct memories of my mum having to check on me after I went to bed on the night my tamagotchi died because I was SOBBING.

I had also accidentally overwritten my pokemon save that same day and I told her that I was crying because 'everything I love DIES' :D
I remember my sister coming home in tears because she was stuck in a traffic jam and could hear her Tamagotchi beeping for attention. By the time she could pull over and check it, it was waving goodbye :(

I'm currently raising my Digimon tamagotchi that I got for my birthday just there, and I'm currently starving them because they digivolved into the wrong thing and I'm capricious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom