Scott Walker DEAD

I am absolutely gutted. I genuinely cannot describe how Walker's music makes me FEEL - he hit parts of me I didn't previously know were there. An exceptional lyricist and an utterly singular musician with a truly singular vision. And then there's his voice, oh that voice.

Fuck.

He was working on an album, some of the lyrics had been published. We'll never hear it.

So, so sad about this.

Reactions: Zu
Bit late to the funeral here but honestly, what can you even SAY? Truly incredible artistry and oh! that FUCKING VOICE!

I’m going to a Sunn O))) listening party on Tuesday so I shall raise a candle for Scott. (Well, I probably won’t. It’s in the dark. I’ll speak transparent phrases to looking glass women at the end in honour of Monsieur W.)

Oh actually LET’S

:(:(:(

I’m going to a Sunn O))) listening party on Tuesday

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd sooner shit in my hands and clap than ever hear Yawn O)))) ever again. I trust there's FREE DRINK.

Anyway:

And let’s have some Brel while we’re at it. You can never have enough JACQUES

I actually think that Scott’s take on ‘Amsterdam’ manages to be slightly better than Brel’s original - and you don’t get THAT level of attack very often in a lifetime - and both of them obviously raise a leg over that Bowie effort

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd sooner shit in my hands and clap than ever hear Yawn O)))) ever again. I trust there's FREE DRINK.

Their well let’s call them SONGS do all seem to sound quite similar, not that that’s ever a problem for Schlager Zu :side-eye:

Anyway it’s free to get in and five minutes up the road so I call that a WIN

I did see Sunn O))) in '04 and they were so loud I could feel my jeans vibrating. They weren't even baggy, just not skin-tight...

Anyway, it's not as if "SOUSED" is Scott's last work as we have then excellent soundtrack to "The Childhood Of A Leader" and I guess I'm going to have to nab the "Vox Lux" soundtrack now as well.

They have BBC Radio 6 on in the office and it felt mildly disrespectful the amount of times they played BOWIE SONGS as a tribute to this guy.

Bowie was a massive fan and covered Walker's "Nite Flights" as well as copping Brel's "Amsterdam" from SW. Bowie also put up some of the money needed to make the "30 Century Man" film about Walker, also appearing as one of the many "talking heads" (not Talking Heads tho') in the film.

Any of the Scott 1 - 4 albums, I’d say. Start with the first one

Also ‘Farmer In The City’ from ‘Tilt’ is fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom