Scottish politics thread (including 2021 Holyrood elections, potential IndyRef2, and SNP leadership contest)

Can we get this off the ground instead, please?

1590764203988-UnitedCelticRepublic_Illustration_JoshCrumpler_1.jpeg

Republic? When we could have Queen Enya?!

Dissolve England, I want to live in Mercia again :disco:

Not looking forward to being a Scot in England this time next year and my opinion on Scottish Independence being the default topic of conversation within two minutes of meeting any new English person.

Reactions: SDF
Seriously though, please take some comfort in the fact that unless you're hanging around with mostly wankers, the majority of the people asking you are just highly envious, as tedious as it will get for you.

I say "yes, technically" when asked if I'm British and I love it. I love my English lionhearts too though, but it sure is fun not accepting any blame for Brexit.

As someone not living in Scotland this time, it is going to feel very different not being in it. Not that I actually expect this to be anything but advisory.

The guy on the right is Donald Dewar, who was Secretary of State for Scotland at the time. He later became leader of Scottish Labour and inaugural First Minister of the new Scottish Parliament in 1999. He died in 2000, and we now have this statue of him in Glasgow:
Glasgow_Royal_Concert_Hall_and_Donald_Dewar_Statue_-_geograph.org.uk_-_154889.jpg

The guy on the right is Donald Dewar, who was Secretary of State for Scotland at the time. He later became leader of Scottish Labour and inaugural First Minister of the new Scottish Parliament in 1999. He died in 2000, and we now have this statue of him in Glasgow:
Glasgow_Royal_Concert_Hall_and_Donald_Dewar_Statue_-_geograph.org.uk_-_154889.jpg
To scale?

The IndyRef2 court case starts today.

The Supreme Court will decide if it is deciding whether the Scottish Parliament has the power to hold an advisory referendum, and then if it decides it can decide, it will then say what it decides.

Yeah.

The IndyRef2 court case starts today.

The Supreme Court will decide if it is deciding whether the Scottish Parliament has the power to hold an advisory referendum, and then if it decides it can decide, it will then say what it decides.

Yeah.

When will we get the verdict?

Fiver says the Tories talk about abolishing Scots Law within the next 24 hours.

I can't remember the last time Labour polled above 30% in Scotland. Must be prior to the 2014 referendum surely. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom