Scottish politics thread (including 2021 Holyrood elections, potential IndyRef2, and SNP leadership contest)

Have we seen that Tory MSP Liam Kerr is also proposing an amendment to "protect" criticism of same-sex marriage? I doubt that will pass but seriously WHAT THE FUCK.

Yes that was on the Pink News article as well. Revolting. I suppose he is using religion as an excuse?

On which note, invoking feminism to disguise transphobia is the NEW, FASHIONABLE version of invoking religion to disguise homophobia. FUCK OFF.

Reactions: COB
Have we seen that Tory MSP Liam Kerr is also proposing an amendment to "protect" criticism of same-sex marriage? I doubt that will pass but seriously WHAT THE FUCK.

I know that GAY FACE isn't a thing, but Liam Kerr really does have quite a GAY FACE

Liam_Kerr_MSP.jpg

img

There is this but then there’s also the fact that Cherry is clearly a complete and utter egomaniac.

Oh for sure. Takes every opportunity to point out that she's a lawyer and a QC no less which is interesting given that she absolutely doesn't understand the concept of libel.
Also, Harold Shipman was a fully qualified doctor so what's yr point, caller? (to borrow a phrase).

Obviously been to Priti's School of Smirking, anyway

"We like your work Liam but you don't quite look cunty enough so it's off to the PSS for you."
"What? No. NOO! I can change, please! anything but thaat!! Noooooo" (gets dragged off by 4 smirking ninjas)

Well I am sure she will now have a quiet period of reflection and not stir any shit whatsoever.

:eyes:

A shame she wasn't put into a sack with a few boulders and chucked in the Clyde but so be it.

Definitely some damage control after the exodus last week. Presumably also shows Sturgeon is confident she will survive the Salmond stuff as well if she is taking action against those types in the party

Definitely some damage control after the exodus last week. Presumably also shows Sturgeon is confident she will survive the Salmond stuff as well if she is taking action against those types in the party

Cannae wait to see how Wanks Over Saltire responds to this. I predict a meltdown given he recently added ableism and biphobia to his repertoire.

I know, right? I mean, Margaret Ferrier is still sitting - that's how laborious and limited the SNP's disciplinary procedures are.

Reactions: COB
Also good to see our Cath has a new job.

I wonder how she answered the "What's your biggest weakness?" question

Meanwhile...

Bad day for Scottish terfs. I choose to believe that all this was SOPHIE's first major non-corporeal act.

Does the gov. have any plans to save the union that aren't 'send some posh English folks'?

Is Nicola Sturgeon likely to get ousted due to this Alex Salmond, and breaking the ministerial code scandal?

Probably not. The Alex Salmond thing is weird and I don't think he'd be regarded as a credible witness, and he keeps finding excuses not to appear before the committee. It might rile up the opposition but I don't think it is threatening her position.

The Ministerial code investigation is harder to call. She definitely didn't tell the truth in parliament, but she admitted it and corrected the record. It's only a breach of the ministerial code if it was deliberate. I think it is more likely than not that it will be considered accidental and she'll be fine there too, but by no means a guarantee. This is based purely on the fact that I don't see what she gained from deliberately misleading parliament about learning about the accusations two days after she actually did.

I really hope she doesn’t go. We NEED her, and I think she has done a fantastic job throughout the pandemic.

What is public opinion about him like? Well him criticising Nicola only strengthen her?
He has a very supportive base, but quite negative outside of that, whereas Nicola Sturgeon has much broader appeal. People that already dislike Sturgeon will of course love every moment of this, but I don't think it will matter too much in the grand scheme of things.

I really hope she doesn’t go. We NEED her, and I think she has done a fantastic job throughout the pandemic.

The fact that some who want independence / members of the SNP want rid is mental to me. She remains the party and the cause’s
greatest asset.

Nicola isn’t likely to get ousted with a vote of no confidence is she? SNP, and I assume The Green Party are likely to vote for her to stay?

Sturgeon is before the Committee in 5 mins, and it's on the BBC Scotland channel as well as the parliament website

I'm enjoying the montage of Nicola haircuts if nothing else. More versatile with that Lego helmet than I realised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom