6. Vulnerable
7. People You Know
8. Let Me Get Me
9. Crowded Room (feat. 6lack)
10. Kinda Crazy
11. Fun
12. Cut You Off
13. A Sweeter Place (feat. Kid Cudi)

I like it. Nothing really stands out on initial listen but I get consistent vibes à la Britney's Glory.

Like I'd care about all of that after all my Enya cunt chat etc. :(

Oh, my God, I am heartily sorry
For having offended Thee
And I detest all my sins
Because I dread the loss of heaven,
And the pains of hell
But most of all because I love Thee,
And I want so badly to be good

I've never really had any interest in her before, but I'm actually enjoying a lot of this. Vulnerable is so good, but liking a lot of the other songs too. Pleasantly surprised.

Vulnerable, Kinda Crazy and Cut You Off are all really good. Rare, Crowded Places are not bad either. There's some dirge too. Her voice is truly shit - even on Revival it had a lot more power and charisma than she can muster here.

I think her voice sounds good on Lose You To Love Me, but agree other than that it really is just very beige

Yeah she is more or less talking over most the album as opposed to singing. Dull dull dull. “Vulnerable” is above average but even the chorus on that is kind of a let down.

The title made me think this was an outtakes and b-sides compilation.

On track for #1 with 105-120k SPS , 50-55k pure sales in the States.

Her US sales for past albums (to date)

926,000 Kiss & Tell (with The Scene)
817,000 A Year Without Rain (with The Scene)
710,000 When The Sun Goes Down (with The Scene)
435,000 Revival
410,000 Stars Dance
117,000 For You

yes Dance Again and the title track feel strangely addicting despite her half-arsed struggling vocals. Come back Year Without Rain all is forgiven!

I think this might be her most consistently good album, even though it lacks the sheer highs of Revival. I really like it. Rare is absolutely excellent (and doing well on Spotify so hopefully another hit), and Kinda Crazy is my personal pick of the deep cuts.

here's an amazing best of el Gomez playlist I made because I'm ridiculous

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3514DtqE8n1LbMILgcSy0W?si=O-PC8JJYQ1e-xN1JWMUyLg

(how the fuck do you embed a playlist)

TOP 10 SELENA

01 Revival
02 Kill Em With Kindness
03 Hands to Myself
04 Me & The Rhythm
05 Naturally
06 Fetish
07 Slow Down
08 Same Old Love
09 Nobody
10 Rare

I'm up for a Selener top 10, though I liked her more back when she actually SANG (for her standards)

1. Hands to myself
2. Falling down
3. A year without rain
4. Hit the lights
5. It ain't me
6. Love you like a love song
7. Kill'em with kindness
8. The heart wants what it wants
9. Good for you
10. Naturally

"Rare" has grown on me, but the only moment on the album I keep coming back to is "Vulnerable".

I’m with @POP!

Rare is good but Vulnerable is by far the highlight

Rare's production reminds me of this :eyes: (especially the intro)

Naturally is such a great pop song

that video, on the other hand...

the green screen! what was the fucking budget, 5 dollars and a lollipop?

I haven't actually listened properly to this album yet, but Let Me Get Me popped on my Sportify and I came here to declare it the pop record of 2020 :disco:

I dunno why I just can't bring myself DOWN To stan this Queen of struggle vocals/whispers

deluxe out Thursday with new single Boyfriend and two more tracks

She's also released a "performance video" for "Dance Again"

That dress and hair are NOT IT though

She's also released a "performance video" for "Dance Again"

That dress and hair are NOT IT though

Love the lack of energy, go on girl GIVE US NOTHING! I find it quite endearing that for a song that has "dance" in the title she doesn't do much of it (and does that video pass off as a "performance"?). MTV Latino has been showing the lyric video for Feel Me so I thought that was a single too.

As for the three new songs, Boyfriend is nice and Souvernir stands out, I hope they push it as a single. Whatever happened to her voice is sad, I mean, she was never the vocal prowess but listening to this new album and songs like Falling Down, Slow Down and Hit The Lights the change is a bit dramatic.

She had a new set of teeth put in at some point after Fetish and when she gives interviews it's very noticeably impacted how she talks - she can't seem to enunciate properly and sounds a bit slurred, maybe the veneers are too big for her mouth. So (much as it sounds like an excuse) I wouldn't be surprised if that's impacted her ability to sing at more than a whisper now too.

“Hands to Myself” is an example where she goes back and forth actually singing and does the talk singing thing too in the same track which is what led me to believe it is contrived more than anything. Sometimes it works for me (“Good for You”) other times it does not (these new songs).

also , release “Vulnerable”!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom