Selena Gomez - Rare

I took a long break from this album and have returned to find that it has aged WELL. In fact it's definitely my favourite spoken word album of all time.

Kinda Crazy is still my soft-focus sultry gem of choice, but Rare, Look At Her Now, Lose You, Souvenir, Vulnerable and Feel Me are all excellent. It's less stacked with smashes than Revival but it's equally solid front back to back. (except Fun. delete it fat.)

hopefully we might get a sung song or two on the next project. the best bit of Rare, the track, is when she actually goes for it (by her standards) in the middle 8 :disco:

my favourite spoken word album of all time.

Ever since "Good For You" premiered I had her down as a poor man's Lana:disco:

I wish she would put a bit more effort into this campaign, she released like 4 versions of an album that as abandoned TWO months after its release which I found annoying but reading through some forums the consensus seemed to be that the title track being released as a single + lack of promo killed this stone dead.
. Setting asid the fact she's such an empty vessel but a good outlet for pop songs, her live "performances" leave much to be desired so many times that I've asked myself "What's there to like about this woman?" The Dance again video was rubbish and I'm not buying the whole "it was supposed to be a shampoo ad" excuses, ALL of her videos could pass for a shampoo ad:D

Trying to find out the appeal of Selena Gomez is a futile exercise @Pipo - in the words of Eminem on Roman's Revenge, don't ask "why?" bitch, ask "why not!". Just soak up the bops.

Kill 'Em With Kindness, Fetish and Me & The Rhythm are my ALL-TIME Selener bops of choice these days.

Trying to find out the appeal of Selena Gomez is a futile exercise @Pipo - in the words of Eminem on Roman's Revenge, don't ask "why?" bitch, ask "why not!". Just soak up the bops.

Kill 'Em With Kindness, Fetish and Me & The Rhythm are my ALL-TIME Selener bops of choice these days.

my all time faves are Hands To Myself and a bunch of pre-RoboSelena when she actually EMOTED like Naturally, Going Down, Day Without Rain and Kill Em With Kindness as well :disco: (I know some are technically Selena and The Scene songs but STILL).

SORRY HUNS, I know I'm just talking into the void here but this album really did reveal itself to be QUITE GOOD INDEED and actually REIGNITED my Selena stanning in a way I would not have foreseen.

10 Rare
08 Dance Again
09 Look At Her Now
09 Lose You to Love Me
05 Ring
09 Vulnerable
06 People You Know
07 Let Me Get Me
08 Crowded Room
10 Kinda Crazy
06 Fun
06 Cut You Off
08 A Sweeter Place

05 Boyfriend
08 Souvenir
06 She
10 Feel Me :disco:

I'm very OK with her place in pop as a perennially boring advocate of spoken word boppery.

I need to re listen to whole thing but “Vulnerable” is still an almost daily play for me.

Reactions: dUb
She's releasing a Spanish-language album in 2021...

Considering she doesn't sing these days, looking forward to a spoken word album in Spanish :eyes:

isn't her Spanish a bit rubbish? I'm always amused when popstars with vaguely Latino heritage who can't really speak Spanish do a whole ALBUM OF IT.

How was this? Can't remember much about this despite going on about it at the time. But I was drunknin Fuerteventura when I started the thread. Dance Again is still Great, though.

How was this? Can't remember much about this despite going on about it at the time. But I was drunknin Fuerteventura when I started the thread. Dance Again is still Great, though.
:D

what?

Revival didn't feel basic to me (beyond that one knock off of Gaga's Aura). that was a top tier pop record full of smashes the other girls would've killed for.

The Scene era was nice teeny bopper music but not really my thing. sorry about it :angel:

Isn’t Kylie one of your favourite albums of the year?!

surely you have an appreciation for basic somewhere in your heart hun

When The Sun Goes Down is fairly basic, but what an album. I do like SOME of what she does now, but she would be better off sticking to her cheap dance pop

:disco::disco:

And of course I can never listen to Love You Like A Love Song, Naturally, and A Year Without Rain enough

Finally listened to this album entirely. I enjoyed it but it just doesn't compare to her stuff with the Scene for me. My favorites were Rare and People You Know.

My Very Basic Selena Top 10

1. Middle of Nowhere
2. Love You Like a Love Song
3. Naturally
4. A Year Without Rain
5. Come and Get It
6. Slow Down
7. Back to You
8. Bang Bang Bang
9. Good for You
10. Hit the Lights

I'm not ABOVE BOPS ffs :D

I just don't find the singles from those albums sufficiently interesting to warrant listening to a full album :D Christ! all this over SELENER!

Reactions: RJN
here's my very SELEGENDARY TOP 10

01 Kill Em With Kindness
02 Me & The Rhythm
03 Revival
04 Fetish
05 Hands to Myself
06 Naturally
07 Nobody
08 Bad Liar
09 Rare
10 Vulnerable

oh look! he's so allergic to bops that he LOADED THIS LIST WITH THEM!

:evil:

Not part of your exclusive club

how will I cope

The one with Pixie Lott remains a fave

DeliriousMenacingArkshell-small.gif

that's awful. I'm tired of her schtick releasing demo interludes that nearly pass by as SONGS.

Lemme cleanse my palate with some vox

This album throws me back to the early days of the pandemic whenever I listen to it. It's two years old this month. There's something so understated yet addictive about it.

"A Sweeter Place" just hit me this morning. Why wasn't it HUGE?

Learning to breathe
Up in the clouds
Far from the crowds
I can't believe

I can be loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom