Sex Education

vespertine

God damn it Claude
Watching right now, the soundtrack alone is amazing. The first episode gripped me pretty much straight away but each one has been better than the last. Everyone is so well-cast and I'm caring about all the characters.

Also QUITE sure they could switch Emma Mackey for Margot Robbie and I wouldn't tell the difference. :D

I’ve watched both seasons. I really loved all the characters (especially the gay ones of course). I think the second season was actually better.

It is interesting in that it is unclear what year it takes place in, with the modern technology and vintage clothing etc.

and yes the soundtrack is great. I wish this had existed when I was a teenager

I've watched the first two seasons. I quite liked it but not crazy about it. Will watch the new season.

I finished the third season and felt it jumped the shark somewhat, especially in the latter half. The soundtrack was as amazing as ever but I felt it struggled to keep up with all the story arcs and characters it sought to flesh out, in 10 episodes. The development just wasn't there and so the emotional bits didn't land for me. But I did love that it treated a non-binary character with proper respect and showed what prejudice towards marginalised people might look like in 2021 through the headteacher.

I look forward to talking to myself more in this thread, for season 4. :disco:

I finished season 3 as well. The way Adam has gone from being a bully to a completely awkward person who is unable to communicate is just ridiculous and makes no sense.

I still enjoyed the season but the new headteacher storyline was a slog and they were juggling so many characters that some inevitably felt underserved.

Adam's character has completely changed but the actor played the emotional stuff in the last few episodes so well.

Finally finished the 3rd and while am not very interested in the substories of the parents i really enjoyed the developments in the season finale. Can't wait for the fourth season!

I find it weird that the cast is just Gillian Anderson and a bunch of 20 year olds :D

Last edited:
When i began watching i was curious if the view they have from their house is real or CGI, but it's all real, extraordinary beautiful.
Yeah, it's largely filmed in the Wye Valley, which forms part of the border between Wales and England. As a child we used to go there frequently for day trips.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Anyway, I really enjoyed the series, but Hope punishing students by making them wear signs and excommunicating them and locking them in cupboards was a bit of a jump. Not that the show has to be realistic but come on.

Still great fun though. Love GA and love most of the cast. Glad Eric and Adam broke up because I don’t think it could go much further without completely dimming Eric’s character. The dog show thing was cute.

The first twinge of regret I've felt since cancelling Netflix. But then we only watched the third series a month ago. It can wait until I subscribe for a month again, whenever that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom