Shakespears Sister reunion

Sheena

Hang on to your chair, dearie...
No need as I have the box set but it was always going to happen. Thankfully not as comprehensive as the box set editions.

An interview from Marcy just before Christmas. 49 minutes long if you’ve time to kill but I suspect things not great between her and Siobhan. Strong hints about Siobhan being jealous and interesting that Siobhan made it clear she was the front woman in their recent return.

FetchFugly

closing in again
I stopped after 15 minutes or so when the juicier stuff seemed to be out of the way, but no great surprise after all that went down and so long that they aren't besties.

:D at the hints about whatever occurred in 2012.

I stopped after 15 minutes or so when the juicier stuff seemed to be out of the way, but no great surprise after all that went down and so long that they aren't besties.

:D at the hints about whatever occurred in 2012.
Yeah I stopped after they moved on from the SS stuff too. Marcy seems lovely but there seems to be a lot left unsaid and I got the impression in their comeback interviews that she was slightly uneasy.

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Well you lightweights missed out on some hot Lay Me Down Sally chat (I won't spoil it, but she sort of had a hand in writing it).

I actually took the comments about Shiv shoving her to the side to have been about the beginning of the group rather than something made clear again at the reunion, but what is the 2012 story?

Around the 11.15 mark she specifies it was also the recent reunion Siobhan was insisting she would be lead for.

straightorbroken

rebel heart
So I stumbled across a solo Marcy Stay rendition on This Morning from 1993 after typing "a solo Marcy Stay rendition on This Morning from 1993" into youtube and decided to look up a live performance of it from the recent tour to see if she managed it better than on Graham Norton. And well, she doesn't, but omg at Siobhan's entrance - I thought she was going to push Marcy out the way :D

She is unbelievably fresh faced for being in her 60s.

straightorbroken

rebel heart
Marcy is like a mime artist who doesn't realise their mic is on. Siobhan must have loved every excruciating second of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom