Shakespears Sister reunion

I hope ticket sales haven't been so bad that it puts a damper on things. The setlist looks like it ticks most boxes anyway, and fingers crossed they iron things out a bit.

In the interview with SDE Marcy is notably less positive about the prospects of a full album than Shuv. Hedging her bets, seeing if they make it to the end of the tour without wanting to kill each other?

I’m sure it’s not the case but I almost feel like Marcy has been railroaded into this because Siobhan wants to feel better about herself. I’m friends with Sara and Keren again, now you will be too.

I’m hearing mostly positive if not euphoric reports from the gigs.

A tour docu series would have been divine. I personally think Shiv can shuv off with her insincerity, but I'm still all for them being back and their charge is immeasurably boosted by being together and with the visuals so on point.

I haven’t discussed the new EP left as it got “red carded” at the post office, but by fuck, it’s wonderful. I just wish they’d go further and do a full album, as discussed. With actual new songs, not just extending this five...

I haven’t discussed the new EP left as it got “red carded” at the post office, but by fuck, it’s wonderful. I just wish they’d go further and do a full album, as discussed. With actual new songs, not just extending this five...

Oh yes, it would be beyond shameless to use All The Queen's Horses and C U Next Tuesday a third time.

The new stuff was performed very well, obviously it suits their vocal range ‘now’.

Yay - they included ‘Black Sky’

Boo - they didn’t do ‘You made me come to this’

I agree that the chatter between the songs was a bit stilted, but it’s still only the third show after such a long absence.

I’d give it a solid 8/10.

I had a MARVELLOUS time tonight. They were on great form, both quite chatty (Siobhan unsurprisingly more so). The stalls looked pretty full, though there was a spare seat next to me. Siobhan seemed pleasantly surprised that everyone was standing up from the get go.

We got Richard Hawley for the duet, though the reaction was a bit muted. Not so much his crowd I guess. Presumably he got more of a response in Sheffield...

Marcy bless her was still warbling all over the place during Stay but she sounded fine for the most part, save for the odd strange bit of riffing here and there. Siobhan seemed to be in her element, she looked much more natural than in the Bananarama show (as much as I loved that).

Sounds like they may be warming up as the tour progresses. So I just looked to see if there are any decent tickets left for Bath, where they are next week. They had good availability when I last checked perhaps two months ago.

I was surprised to see that the stalls were well over 90% full. But despite looking on both Ticketmaster and the venue website, neither were even showing the balcony. Which makes me think they have shifted anyone who had a ticket there down to the stalls, and aren't selling the balcony at all any more.

EP RANKING:

1. All The Queen’s Horses
2. When She Finds You
3. Time To Say Goodbye
4. Dangerous Game
5. C U Next Tuesday

I like them all very much though!

EP RANKING:

1. All The Queen’s Horses
2. When She Finds You
3. Time To Say Goodbye
4. Dangerous Game
5. C U Next Tuesday

I like them all very much though!

I am in agreement with this ranking. C U Next Tuesday was great live though. Siobhan made some comment about how it should have been a single, by which I am assuming she meant in addition to the two we got. There was some only half-joking mutterings about record company things.

I thought C U Next Tuesday worked better live than All The Queen's Horses, as much as I prefer the latter.

It’s a really solid EP. None of the songs are amazing top tier SS but none are a forgettable point in their discography either. I think all the songs are pretty much on a par but I’d say:

1 When She Finds You
2 Time To Say Goodbye
3 C U Next Tuesday
4 All The Queen’s Horses
5 Dangerous Game

The end of that message sounds hopeful. Or at least as hopeful as it was likely to be.

The end of that message sounds hopeful. Or at least as hopeful as it was likely to be.

Fingers crossed. I guess it depends how they have enjoyed the tour and whether they will be happy to work together on a smaller budget and scale going forward.

I definitely don't see the Bananarama reunion being revisited on any long or even medium term basis.

I went to the gig on Tuesday by the way and I LOVED it. They are so good together. I really hope it isn’t the end- as much as I loved the Bananarama reunion, Siobhan fits so much better with Marcy in 2019...

I got an email drawing my attention to them flogging the tour merchandise online. It has all gone a bit quiet otherwise, no sign yet of the reissues they were talking about last year.

Sounds like that’s yer lot from Marcy’s perspective. Though I can’t imagine why she thinks anyone is desperate for new solo material from her. Hopefully Siobhan puts together some solo stuff now that Sara, Keren and Marcy all seem over her (albeit on better terms). Maybe she and Jacquie could form a new duo. I wonder if Siobhan knew about this post before she posted it.

“Well Shakespears Sister rode again.

What a ride.

An amazing tour of the UK. New songs and video's. Working with wonderful Musicians and Management. Thanks Siobhan for your inspiration and relentless energy and vision.

So now it's 2020 and I'm fired up for a new adventure. I recently signed to Peer Music UK and I'm already back in the studio working on new material.

Stay tuned for updates of gigs songs and videos.

LOVE Marcy”

There have quite obviously been ROWS and I’ll be quite amused if Siobhan turns out to have not been notified about that Marcella missive :tongueout:

There have quite obviously been ROWS and I’ll be quite amused if Siobhan turns out to have not been notified about that Marcella missive :tongueout:
I was thinking is it too petty of me to think this might be a subtle revenge for the Ivor Novello fiasco?

I don’t remember Marcy’s personality type first time around but the interviews I saw with them this time she didn’t seem to share Siobhan’s gushing sentiments, I think I commented on it earlier somewhere. It suggested there may have been some internal seething still lurking.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all on the revenge front! Also, some of the interviews I read did seem a bit non-committal on the Marcella side...

Last edited by a moderator:
They should have treated us to a BTS tour documentary. It would have been remarkable just for the body language alone. I keep forgetting to youtube the comeback concerts after I failed to see them in Bath. I hope Marcy did Stay better after the withering lows on the Norton show.

I can see a proper Bananarama album with the 3 of them. I said that before. I reckon they were getting the already completed In Stereo out of the way first...

So the commercial returns were not enough and/or life on the road wasn't such a joyous ride then?

I think it will take just about as long for Siobhan to revert to 'I'VE always been Shakespear's Sister' as it did Keren and Sara to 'Siobhan left 30 years ago'.

I wish I could say I thought this means a Nana reunion is now on the cards, but I really doubt this is the case

I can see a proper Bananarama album with the 3 of them. I said that before. I reckon they were getting the already completed In Stereo out of the way first...
Well it would be lovely but Sara and Keren’s run of good bookings last year is continuing to this year as well so I’m not sure they feel they need her at the minute.

Two releases for Record Store Day (April 18th)

You're History (remixes) 12"
#3 2LP

No second volume of Bananarama remixes then and looks like nowt new on the You're History 12 inch.

Deluxe CD reissues sometime soon of the first two albums please and thank you.

I’ve ordered and seemingly got the bonus cd single and the zoom chat!

Looks like a nice job, must be said.

Why is "3" not included? Rights/label stuff?

What's the likelihood of all the tracks hitting spotify? Or standalone CD releases?

I have no real interest in the vinyl and the rest feels like a lot of clutter. I'm definitely not paying that for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom