Shakespears Sister reunion

That isn't cheap, and it is going to be an expensive few months music-wise, but I have skipped the dithering and moaning and ordered. Also got the Zoom/CD single - I guess it might take them a while to get to 500 at that price. I probably would have been tempted to get a CD only version if it were available, but this does look like it will be an attractive package (if another bulky one).

I'm not bothered as I have Rides Again on CD already but it seems a little odd to have the two albums on vinyl and CD but the EP just on vinyl.

Is that two new demos I see: A Piece of Heaven and Out to Groove?

£120 for two new tracks...LOL! I'm such a mug!

In fairness, the Zoom call is worth a few quid to me and I expect I'll pull together £30-£40 or so by flogging the vinyls I already have, so it's less of a disaster.

It's not really about the new tracks though, is it? Plenty of box sets by CERTAIN ACTS I'VE SPENT QUITE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF POUNDS ON manage to get away without putting anything new on it.

The remastered CDs would be the main selling point for me, not a couple of demos.

It's not really about the new tracks though, is it? Plenty of box sets by CERTAIN ACTS I'VE SPENT QUITE LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF POUNDS ON manage to get away without putting anything new on it.

The remastered CDs would be the main selling point for me, not a couple of demos.

Oh I know, I was being flippant. I actually haven't remotely baulked at the price- for an act that important to me, I'm more than happy to shell out for what looks like a pretty good package.

@FetchFugly - You're cleverer than I on these matters. Is there anything/ much missing? I know we've had other unreleased tracks/ demos and bits and bobs appear on various releases over the years...

I don’t think it IS a bad price if you want it all. I think I'm a little dismayed to find out I don't, really.

I see those lovely MUGS from the last tour are a fiver off on their webshop, though :D

Oh I know, I was being flippant. I actually haven't remotely baulked at the price- for an act that important to me, I'm more than happy to shell out for what looks like a pretty good package.

@FetchFugly - You're cleverer than I on these matters. Is there anything/ much missing? I know we've had other unreleased tracks/ demos and bits and bobs appear on various releases over the years...

I'm not so hot on all the mixes etc but it looks pretty exhaustive. The two You're History remixes on the last GH seem to be absent though.

What's the likelihood of all the tracks hitting spotify? Or standalone CD releases?

I have no real interest in the vinyl and the rest feels like a lot of clutter. I'm definitely not paying that for it.

SDE is saying that the three CD sets are exclusive but two CDs may be released separately, and the third disc for both albums look like they have their own wallet from the picture.

I have little interest in this outside Sacred Heart and Hormonally Yours so I shall wait for the inevitable individual vinyl/CDs...

The EP is essential, I’ve just said that!

It ain’t cheap but if you think £20 an album and probably £20 at least for 3CD sets, you’re at £80 before you even consider the extras.

You’re welcome.

Mariah should be in a box. Then I’d bite. As it is, the completist in me couldn’t just buy the albums I like and there’s NO WAY IN HELL I’m shelling out cold hard individual cash on anything post Rainbow with the exception of Mimi...

So received a dispatch notification for the box :disco:

Also received an email advising that the numbered I Can Drive CD is not numbered (due to a production issue beyond their control) :D

Couldn't be fucked getting the biro out to write them in MORE LIKE

Anyone going to the zoom? I submitted a question about what Marcy’s favourite Bananarama song is :D

Last edited:
Superdeluxeedition has posted one of their unboxing videos. Looks nice, but not the extent I wish I'd ordered it. It's still for sale, anyway.

How ROUGH Mr SDE is pulling things apart and sticking his fingers over everything gave me quite a turn, though.

The box has arrived and it is very lovely.

A couple of moans (naturally): the unnumbered I Can Drive CD single appears to be a CDR and the way the third CD sits outside the two albums isn't the best.

Shuv's essay gave me a giggle. It starts off all very dramatic on how before starting the SS project she was 'BATTERED by betrayal, heartbreak and increasing alienation', then in the final paragraph: 'Marcy and I parted ways after the second album for some decades'.

I watched the unboxing video and it does look like a pretty lovely package. I just bought a vinyl record player this week so might indulge myself.

A couple more thoughts (ie whinges): odd they've replaced Could You Be Loved on the LP with You Made Me Come to This when the latter has its own single in the box, and while the photobook is beautiful, I do wish there were some proper extensive liner notes.

More extensive liner notes? Are you forgetting Siobhan spent years immersed in the Dallin/Woodward/Fahey work ethic.

More extensive liner notes? Are you forgetting Siobhan spent years immersed in the Dallin/Woodward/Fahey work ethic.

Well YES, but Tom Parker was involved and the other reissue stuff he's done like Bananarama, Kylie, Lisa Stansfield etc was rather more word heavy.

I do wish there were a little more indiscretion regarding why SS came to yet another end. BLAB, MARCELLA, BLAB!

I do wish there were a little more indiscretion regarding why SS came to yet another end. BLAB, MARCELLA, BLAB!

I guess maybe touring together was a bit more of a strain than their apparently revelatory creative retreat, but more than that I think in the face of somewhat underwhelming interest from the general public they couldn't really be bothered.

It will be interesting to see if any questions about whether they are going to record together again make the Zoom call cut. Who knows maybe they are open to it, but this year was a bit difficult.

Anyway, the unreleased demo on Sacred Heart, A Piece of Heaven, is rather good. Marcella is quite prominent but not in her usual SS way. Not sure it would have quite fit the album proper unless reworked though.

VERY NONCOMMITTAL about the prospect of working together again on their Zoom call then.

Marcy barely getting a word in for the first half, FREQUENT FLYER SHUV sitting there fag in hand and then moaning 'I don't walk around asking myself those sort of questions' :disco:

VERY NONCOMMITTAL about the prospect of working together again on their Zoom call then.

Marcy barely getting a word in for the first half, FREQUENT FLYER SHUV sitting there fag in hand and then moaning 'I don't walk around asking myself those sort of questions' :disco:

God she’s SOUR :disco:

I’m thinking that I’m now TEAM KEREN after thinking she was quite bitter and daggers-y with Siobhan during the reunion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom