Shakespears Sister reunion

No need as I have the box set but it was always going to happen. Thankfully not as comprehensive as the box set editions.

An interview from Marcy just before Christmas. 49 minutes long if you’ve time to kill but I suspect things not great between her and Siobhan. Strong hints about Siobhan being jealous and interesting that Siobhan made it clear she was the front woman in their recent return.

I stopped after 15 minutes or so when the juicier stuff seemed to be out of the way, but no great surprise after all that went down and so long that they aren't besties.

:D at the hints about whatever occurred in 2012.

I stopped after 15 minutes or so when the juicier stuff seemed to be out of the way, but no great surprise after all that went down and so long that they aren't besties.

:D at the hints about whatever occurred in 2012.
Yeah I stopped after they moved on from the SS stuff too. Marcy seems lovely but there seems to be a lot left unsaid and I got the impression in their comeback interviews that she was slightly uneasy.

Well you lightweights missed out on some hot Lay Me Down Sally chat (I won't spoil it, but she sort of had a hand in writing it).

I actually took the comments about Shiv shoving her to the side to have been about the beginning of the group rather than something made clear again at the reunion, but what is the 2012 story?

Around the 11.15 mark she specifies it was also the recent reunion Siobhan was insisting she would be lead for.

So I stumbled across a solo Marcy Stay rendition on This Morning from 1993 after typing "a solo Marcy Stay rendition on This Morning from 1993" into youtube and decided to look up a live performance of it from the recent tour to see if she managed it better than on Graham Norton. And well, she doesn't, but omg at Siobhan's entrance - I thought she was going to push Marcy out the way :D

She is unbelievably fresh faced for being in her 60s.

Marcy is like a mime artist who doesn't realise their mic is on. Siobhan must have loved every excruciating second of that.

This one is a bit better, but still no belting.

Siob's intro is something else though. "A song that is very dear to your heart, and you've been waiting to hear all night." And then beckoning "Mar-cee!"

I knew the duo Nanas had done it, but had no idea all 3 of them gave it a bash too. It's kind of moving:

There was rumours they were doing it so when they did it on the opening night of the tour it was pretty special. Siobhan chose Preacher Man in return,though we also got Love Truth and Honesty too which was a surprise.

Never mind the fact that only three months previously, Bryan Adams finished a sixteen week stay.

Poor Siobhan being bored having to wait for Marcy’s bits. I bet she never kept HER hanging around.

I had a Hormonally Yours t-shirt 30 years ago :D

Admittedly I was probably a medium then and I'm probably an XL now.

Is the 2 CD tracklisting any different from the last one?

I can’t keep up with these special editions. What makes this one different?

I *think* the main CD just has an additional new demo track and the DVD 'archive footage' so presumably the Stay rehearsal clip and who knows what else. Probably not that tempting.

This time all the mixes are on the CD singles boxset version. I haven't compared properly to the CDs from the boxset yet but will likely go for this (as the DVD doesn't appear to have much new).

I like the look of the boxset with the CD singles.

Yes, no special sequinned sleeve but what can you do?

It does seem very calculated not doing one complete edition with the CD, CD singles and DVD but that's the game I suppose.

Ordered the boxset with the singles. And you obviously caught me at a weak moment @FetchFugly , as I decided to go for a t-shirt for old time's sake as well. This time I went for the sofa shot though.

I'm done at this point. Nothing new on the vinyl and I never will play the cd singles boxset anyway. Annoying there's ANOTHER demo track they've just "found" in the archives then!

The value for the cd single set seems good though.

I see some people on SuperDeluxeEdition griping about the same love not being shown to Sacred Heart. And I do have to say I don't think they are being entirely unreasonable.

I see some people on SuperDeluxeEdition griping about the same love not being shown to Sacred Heart. And I do have to say I don't think they are being entirely unreasonable.

Surely that has more to do with it being the anniversary year for Hormonally Yours right now, which will help. One presumes 2024 will see equivalent Sacred Heart activity.

I guess we also shouldn't underestimate the fact that Marcy is prominent on HY and not so on SH...

I do agree about the turning up demos thing. I am also just a tad dubious of how much of a song something called The End will be.

I'm done at this point. Nothing new on the vinyl and I never will play the cd singles boxset anyway. Annoying there's ANOTHER demo track they've just "found" in the archives then!

The value for the cd single set seems good though.

As someone who keeps an "archive", I have had several requests over the years from friends who wonder if I have a copy of something because they'll be blowed if they can find it anywhere. One of my friends lost a whole album and I had a copy of it! So I can see how things can go missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom