Shania Twain - Up!

So! (What do you think of this album?)!!!!!

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
Quite possibly one of the most ridiculous pop albums released this decade. How on earth do you top a commercial juggernaut like Come On Over? By turning everything about that album up the power of ten and releasing it in three different versions of course!

Despite the fact that it's so bloody long it really is very strong throughout. The European version is anyway. I'm listening to the 'World' CD now and it is actually one of the most unlistenable collections of recorded music I have ever heard. The same vocals as the pop version set over what sounds like the cheapest bontempi hindi backing tracks possible. The Calypso version of Forever & For Always is particularly dreadful. Just WHAT was she thinking? :D

Ka-Ching of course remains one of the most LUDICROUS pop hits ever, and on the absolute other end of the spectrum 'Thank You Baby!' is the best thing she ever did by a country mile.

Shania_Twain_-_Up%21.png

08 Up!
08 I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
07 She's Not Just A Pretty Face
07 Juanita
09 Forever & For Always
07 Ain't No Particular Way
10 It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
09 Nah!
07 (Wanna Get To Know You) That Good!
08 C'est La Vie!
09 I'm Jealous
10 Ka-Ching!
11 Thank You Baby! (For Making Someday Come So Soon)
08 Waiter! Bring Me Water!
07 What A Way To Wanna Be!
06 I Ain't Goin' Down
07 I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)!
08 In My Car (I'll Be The Driver)
07 When You Kiss Me

Last edited:
I never bought this because it was too confusing which version was which and I didn't want to get stung by ending up with the wrong version. Marketing DISASTER. How much did it sell in the end?

I did enjoy the Fame Academy 1 students acting awe-struck when she performed "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" on the show though, almost as much as everyone pretending Mariah's career wasn't over when she performed "Through the Rain" the following week.

Oh WHAT? We've long established that this is not actually a forum exclusively for all time classic albums.

SORRY FOR MAKING A TOPIC.

Last edited:
Oh and also Funky I REFUSE to believe you have actually heard this album in its entirety so your 3/10 is VOID.

erm VoR it was out when I worked in music retail so YOU can FUCK OFF

I never bought this because it was too confusing which version was which and I didn't want to get stung by ending up with the wrong version. Marketing DISASTER. How much did it sell in the end?

About 5 Million in the USA and around 400k in the UK I believe.

Didn't it get a diamond cert for being a double album?

That's one way to make sure your follow-up album is a "success" I suppose

Poor Chrissy :(

oh HANG ON this is the one after Come On Over isn't it

My mark is WAY too high...

What a JOY it is to be a moderator at times like this

TWO AMAZING SONGS (in very different ways)!

Last edited:
Oh WHAT? We've long established that this is not actually a forum exclusively for all time classic albums.

SORRY FOR MAKING A TOPIC.

You've been getting TOO BIG FOR YOUR BOOTS the last couple of days with your SARCASM, Ginge

KNOW YOUR PLACE

I hate SHINY TWAT as we called her back in the day, but I do still love "You're Still The One" in a 10/10 KINDA WAY

"When" is one of my favourite songs by her. I heard that when I found out both of her parents were killed in a car crash when she was 18 and she had to raise her brothers and sister a la 'Party of Five' :(

"When" is one of my favourite songs by her. I heard that when I found out both of her parents were killed in a car crash when she was 18 and she had to raise her brothers and sister a la 'Party of Five' :(

I hate to be cruel here, but she's had the most fantastically AWFUL life (Apart from the millions and millions of record sales and dollars). I find it quite fascinating that she makes the cheesiest, most lobotomised pop music imaginable. I bet she's a right PSYCHO in real life!

07 Up!
09 I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
06 She's Not Just A Pretty Face
05 Juanita
11 Forever & For Always
07 Ain't No Particular Way
10 It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing
06 Nah!
08 (Wanna Get To Know You) That Good!
06 C'est La Vie!
05 I'm Jealous
10 Ka-Ching!
10 Thank You Baby! (For Making Someday Come So Soon)
06 Waiter! Bring Me Water!
06 What A Way To Wanna Be!
08 I Ain't Goin' Down
05 I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)!
05 In My Car (I'll Be The Driver)
06 When You Kiss Me

My Shania track of choice is From This Moment On

I think I will have it played by a STRING QUARTET at my wedding

Surprisingly strong album. I was torn between 8 and 9 but I went for the latter mainly because the Country version of Forever And For Always is amazing.

I hate SHINY TWAT as we called her back in the day, but I do still love "You're Still The One" in a 10/10 KINDA WAY

I love that song too but I thought THAT was on THIS which I was it got a THREE from me

But this album was ATROCIOUS

I genuinely don't think I could be friends with anybody who could not appreciate the sheer RIDICULOUSNESS of Ka-Ching! I quite often burst into impromptu renditions of it for no reason.

Your loss Funky.

My Shania track of choice is From This Moment On

I think I will have it played by a STRING QUARTET at my wedding

I think I want to have a SHANIA CHEESEFEST section in my wedding

"From This Moment On" / "Forever and for Always" / "You're Still the One" (Extended Play)

Any Shania Cheesefest Wedding Medley is VOID without Thank You Baby! (For Making Someday Come So Soon)!

It's weird because all 5 immediate family members of mine own a copy of "Come On Over" for a different reason. My younger brother bought it when he heard the title track, my mum bought it because of "Notting Hill", I bought it because of the violins in "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You!), my older brother bought it for reasons I don't want to go into, and my dad got given it for his birthday because to this day he finds "That Don't Impress Me Much!" the most hilarious song ever for the "okay, so you're Brad Pitt/okay, so you're a rocket scientist", which he says reminds him of the 1940s American slapstick shows he used to watch, but it's funnier because it's unintentional on her part.

Is "Come On Over" the 8th biggest selling album ever or something?

and my dad got given it for his birthday because to this day he finds "That Don't Impress Me Much!" the most hilarious song ever for the "okay, so you're Brad Pitt/okay, so you're a rocket scientist", which he says reminds him of the 1940s American slapstick shows he used to watch, but it's funnier because it's unintentional on her part.

There used to be genuine debates among my schoolfriends as to whether she was actually singing "I can't believe you kiss your cock at night".

As if Shania has even SEEN an erect penis! She'd probably start screaming and hit it with a frying pan.

A Timba-Shania hook up could be ultimate hot potatoes:

"I'm gonna getcha good!"
"FRIKI FRIKI FRIKI"

WINNER

Even my skin is acting WEIRD
I wish that I could grow a BEARD

I have not listened to this since I bought the cassette back in the day (one of the last cassettes) but Ka-ching is a classic and I still listen to it more than I should. But with iconic lyrics "when you're broke go and get a loan, take out another mortgage on your home to go and spend some more when you get bored" who can blame me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom