Sharron Davies is not only a TERF but a homophobic anti-drag CUNT

Kala

Call the police
Pronouns
He/Him

What can I say? I\m actually SPEECHLESS at this. From her condecending attitude to calling drag stereotypical and THEN giving a total stereotypical idea of womanhood. This has exploded on Twitter with many queens including Baga and The Vivienne calling her out!

She's a bit of a weird one, isn't she?

Warned y'all about the "drag = blackface" thing years ago. Indeed, I was slapped down at the very mention. But I knew it was out there and yup, here it is. Expect this to not be a one-off.

Warned y'all about the "drag = blackface" thing years ago. Indeed, I was slapped down at the very mention. But I knew it was out there and yup, here it is. Expect this to not be a one-off.

Just out of curiosity, what would you say are the main differences between them? I ask cuz I have actually met two women on separate occasions who walked out of a drag show because they thought it was reductive of women's lives.

And she's in this year's cunt of the year final - expect a serious boost in her unpopularity on here now...! :D

I was waiting for this to come up on Moopy at some point. I in no way agree with her nonsense here, but she is at the forefront of the campaign to keep trans women out of cis women’s sports, which is one I do, on the whole, support.

I really don’t like the way the likes of Davies are going about it, though.

And she's in this year's cunt of the year final - expect a serious boost in her unpopularity on here now...! :D
Earning my nomination well!

I always knew she was a cunt as years ago she did a documentary which was more of a witch hunt of an East German swimmer who “stole” her medal by being part of a state sponsored doping regime for the Moscow Olympics. The swimmer now lives in a one bedroom apartment and is practically disabled from the drug programme and Davies ended up looking incredibly petty.

She does make valid points about trans women in sport and I generally agree with her on that issue at THIS stage. At the very least it’s a valid debate but her whole approach has been clumsy and often downright horrible. The drag comments reek of downright intolerance.

Last edited:
Ugh what else is there to say other than she’s quite MANLY isn’t she?

Why are these bitches so worried about trans or drags or whatever when surely they never met one in their pathetic lives?

I've read that mumsnet is the meeting point for a lot of this bullshit, which makes sense. The NY Times called it the 4Chan for transphobia. But why are so relatively many people so affected beyond?

Why waste your energy?

Mind you there's a girl on my FB who thinks the EU control the weather. Her brother is a flat earther. Both of which I consider to be as intellectually relevant as feminist transphobia.

Just out of curiosity, what would you say are the main differences between them? I ask cuz I have actually met two women on separate occasions who walked out of a drag show because they thought it was reductive of women's lives.

There's a couple of things to talk about here. The first is that "blackface" was, at core, racist - it was mockery. It was also exclusionary; these people wouldn't employ a black performer but they would employ someone to black up and do a crude impression that was entirely designed to belittle. The evolution of drag couldn't be more different - it evolved in the few places the excluded (in this case LGBT+ people) could be themselves and as a piece of self-expression. At its best, drag is essentially performance art. As with most art forms, that "best" is rarely found in the mainstream but the notion that drag would be mainstream at all was ludicrous 30 years ago.

Drag also doesn't force anyone out of a space. What would be the cis woman equivalent of Drag Race? Miss World, that most feminists hate? Blackface excluded black performers, drag created a new thing of itself.

However, there is a certain amount of misogyny in the drag scene and you do get acts who essentially play a stereotype in a way that could be considered insulting. To tar all drag with that brush is no different from any other trope but to deny its existence would be foolish. Hence the experience you relate. I know someone who left a drag show upset because the character was essentially an insulting parody of a young Glasgow woman - it mocked the social group, their style, their lifestyle, what they wore, where they went, what music they listened to etc etc. THAT is getting close to blackface territory, a man dressing up as a woman in an exaggerated fashion in order to make fun of her and belittle her.

I mean, the trans women in sport debate should only serve to highlight that sport at its core is kind of dumb. Oh no, you have a genetic advantage over the other athletes, who trained really hard to be 6ft8.

Just enjoy doing a zoom, people. It's not that serious.

The trans women in sport thing is - at core - a false flag.

The scenario that is being screamed about by Davies and Mumsnet chums has literally never happened. There are safeguards in place. But what we need to be clear about is what they're actually trying to achieve. It's not about this imagined circumstance where some 6ft 4 chunk of muscle deciding that, having come 7th in the men's competition, he's going to self-identify as female because he reckons he can win gold in the women's contest. It's actually about outing people who transition young - who are given hormone blockers so that they don't go through the wrong puberty and therefore don't "look" trans.

Like most bigots, transphobes like to be able to identify their target immediately - racists don't want to see pictures of your parents and your grandparents, they just see a skin tone and start shouting. My dad got racist abuse once - he'd been on holiday and had a tan and someone genuinely mistook him for being of Indian extraction and got started on him. Transphobes are the same, they want to be able to take one look at you and start hating. hence the attacks on Mermaids and the only clinic in E&W that sees minors (thus far the Scottish equivalent has escaped the abuse). All of the things that transpobes want are designed to make it impossible for someone who is trans to live their life in peace and this falls into that category.

I've read that mumsnet is the meeting point for a lot of this bullshit, which makes sense. The NY Times called it the 4Chan for transphobia. But why are so relatively many people so affected beyond?

It's everywhere not just mumsnet. Watching videos of this evil cunt Kellie-Jay Keen-Minshull, formerly known as Posie Parker, the comments are unanimously in support of her. It's full of comments like 'I hate feminists, but this woman is speaking up for the truth'.. even though she's a vile, nasty woman trying to take away the rights of trans people everywhere.

(Example video here:

)

It makes me so sad that for so many people the only form of feminism they'll accept is one that in a transphobic form of feminism. Ironically, the only form of feminism I won't accept.

I mean, the trans women in sport debate should only serve to highlight that sport at its core is kind of dumb. Oh no, you have a genetic advantage over the other athletes, who trained really hard to be 6ft8.

Just enjoy doing a zoom, people. It's not that serious.

Yes and no. There have been 6'5 100m runner winners and 5'9 ones... 6'6 tennis grand slam winners and 5'2 ones.. Yes some people have a predisposed 'natural advantage', but they wouldn't make it to the top of any sport without hard work and dedication.

I know a guy who is 5'7 and plays for one of the top London basketball teams...

Oh I know of Posie Parker. Cunt from name through face to bullshit personality.

Totally had a heart sink moment then and thought it was Parker Posey.

Alleged friend of Tommy Robinson.

Actually fuck alleged. They're ideological twins.

I don't know whether to put it here or in the JK Rowling thread, but I think that we need to fight for the rights of Trans+ people without throwing other minorities, particularly black people, under the bus. The constant references in equality conversations to blackface and 'you wouldn't do this to black people' are awful precisely because they minimise other struggles. The fact is, other minorities are ALSO simultaneously having their humanity denied. There's no real solidarity in doing that.

I don't know whether to put it here or in the JK Rowling thread, but I think that we need to fight for the rights of Trans+ people without throwing other minorities, particularly black people, under the bus. The constant references in equality conversations to blackface and 'you wouldn't do this to black people' are awful precisely because they minimise other struggles. The fact is, other minorities are ALSO simultaneously having their humanity denied. There's no real solidarity in doing that.

Whilst this is true, I do think that people are much more culturally aware of overt racism, and overt sexism, and overt homophobia, whereas trans people have the media be overtly transphobic all the time, so are in a different place in terms of their journey for equality to other minority groups. I'm not sure anyone has in any way minimised another struggle - just said that trans people are so much further from getting anywhere in their fight.

As with most art forms, that "best" is rarely found in the mainstream but the notion that drag would be mainstream at all was ludicrous 30 years ago.

Yeah I think this is something that's really new. I mean how long has drag been mainstream now? 5 years? Maybe a bit more? And just like everything else, you now have different layers of quality for it. And good heavens there's a lot of rubbish drag out there, including the ones who wanna dress as a woman and act out their twisted and exaggerated form of femininity.

Whilst this is true, I do think that people are much more culturally aware of overt racism, and overt sexism, and overt homophobia, whereas trans people have the media be overtly transphobic all the time, so are in a different place in terms of their journey for equality to other minority groups. I'm not sure anyone has in any way minimised another struggle - just said that trans people are so much further from getting anywhere in their fight.

I'm not getting into what people have or haven't done. I'm not pointing the finger, or denying what trans people face. The point is that comparisons are unhelpful and we foster better solidarity without them.

I'm not getting into what people have or haven't done. I'm not pointing the finger, or denying what trans people face. The point is that comparisons are unhelpful and we foster better solidarity without them.

I think comparisons are vital to help people see the parallels of what happens to minority groups through history. The fact is that there are a shitload of gay people who don't stand up for trans rights and it's baffling to me considering the parallels are so stark. If we educate people and they start seeing the historical similarities I think it can only help the trans community as it helps people to empathise more.

No. Parallels often undermine or erase the suffering of certain communities. Countless black activists have spoken out against being used as sites of comparison. The people who shouted loudest about antisemitism often used Muslims as a case a comparison, which totally erased the truth of the Islamophobia that is rampant in this country. Let's also not forget that the people who are totally ignored by such comparisons are those who are a part of both communities simulataneously, i.e. black trans women or trans women of colour.

Also, criticising comparisons cuts both ways. Sharron's comparison of drag to blackface is not just gross because of its logic, but because it behaves as if the battle against blackface has been won - which it hasn't.

What do you think is the best way to ensure more people stand up for the trans community and target reducing transphobia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom