She-Hulk (Disney+)

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
...starring Jameela Jamil (if we can believe her)

Jameela Jamil will take her first steps into the Marvel-verse as she joins the cast of Disney+’s She-Hulk, Deadline has confirmed.

She-Hulk is a legal comedy that centers on the eponymous heroine (Maslany), aka Jennifer Walters, an attorney who has similar powers to her cousin, Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

The Good Place actress will play Titania, a supervillain first introduced to the Marvel-verse in 1984 and created by Jim Shooter. She joins previously announced cast members Tatiana Maslany, Mark Ruffalo, Tim Roth, Ginger Gonzaga and Renée Elise Goldsberry. Ruffalo will reprise his role as The Hulk and Roth will return as The Abomination, a character he previously played for The Incredible Hulk film.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
a LEGAL COMEDY indeed!

Nerds, am I right in thinking She-Hulk is self-aware and breaks the fourth wall like Deadpool in 'the comics'?

Phoenix

Slander? SLANDER!
a LEGAL COMEDY indeed!

Nerds, am I right in thinking She-Hulk is self-aware and breaks the fourth wall like Deadpool in 'the comics'?
Nope, she’s quite straight forward. I’m thinking a zanier Good Wife vibe.

Reactions: dUb

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
It's not like me to be a contrarian but there was a little something along those lines I see! Probably not often or a staple of the character though

She-Hulk-Rips-Madcap-Out-of-Comic.jpg

She-Hulk-TLDR.jpg

She-Hulk-Bryan-Hitch.jpg

Phoenix

Slander? SLANDER!
I’m not an expert but the general vibe of She Hulk whenever she’s appeared in a book I’m reading has never been comedy. This might be a one off but she’s definitely not Deadpool level.

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
It's not like me to be a contrarian but there was a little something along those lines I see! Probably not often or a staple of the character though

She-Hulk-Rips-Madcap-Out-of-Comic.jpg

She-Hulk-TLDR.jpg

She-Hulk-Bryan-Hitch.jpg
I think it depends on the writer. She’s done it on occasion but never to Deadpool levels and it could easily play no part in the TV series without causing fan outrage.

ButterTart

Up in space, man
a LEGAL COMEDY indeed!

She used to break the fourth wall quite a bit. She also banged Juggernaut in a storyline so bad they've had to retcon it out of existence.

Diddy

Rice Queen
Hmm yeah that’s not a great start - some of the CG is alright but the latter half not to much, but I’m sure they can work it out by August.

I’m more worried about Marvel attempting to make a comedy series - they have good moments of writing but…

I don’t know what it’ll end up like, but “woman goes dating” seems like a bit of a shallow angle for a good chunk of the traielr

COB

The Frog Song Crooner
Oh it's always been like that, you can probably blame seventies sexism from when she first appeared in comics :( The distinction used to be that she was ALWAYS in Hulk form while retaining her human mind, but that seems to have been changed for this version (presumably for budgetary reasons).

COB

The Frog Song Crooner
I feel like that scene of her carrying her date to bed is going to awaken something in an entire generation of young men :eyes:

Diddy

Rice Queen
I got through Moon Knight, I can get through this.

She-Hulk was a good Top Trump too, some of her stats were variable so they were GOOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom