She-Hulk (Disney+)

dUb

AH AH AH
Pronouns
He/Him
...starring Jameela Jamil (if we can believe her)

Jameela Jamil will take her first steps into the Marvel-verse as she joins the cast of Disney+’s She-Hulk, Deadline has confirmed.

She-Hulk is a legal comedy that centers on the eponymous heroine (Maslany), aka Jennifer Walters, an attorney who has similar powers to her cousin, Bruce Banner/The Hulk.

The Good Place actress will play Titania, a supervillain first introduced to the Marvel-verse in 1984 and created by Jim Shooter. She joins previously announced cast members Tatiana Maslany, Mark Ruffalo, Tim Roth, Ginger Gonzaga and Renée Elise Goldsberry. Ruffalo will reprise his role as The Hulk and Roth will return as The Abomination, a character he previously played for The Incredible Hulk film.

a LEGAL COMEDY indeed!

Nerds, am I right in thinking She-Hulk is self-aware and breaks the fourth wall like Deadpool in 'the comics'?

a LEGAL COMEDY indeed!

Nerds, am I right in thinking She-Hulk is self-aware and breaks the fourth wall like Deadpool in 'the comics'?
Nope, she’s quite straight forward. I’m thinking a zanier Good Wife vibe.

Reactions: dUb
It's not like me to be a contrarian but there was a little something along those lines I see! Probably not often or a staple of the character though

She-Hulk-Rips-Madcap-Out-of-Comic.jpg

She-Hulk-TLDR.jpg

She-Hulk-Bryan-Hitch.jpg

I’m not an expert but the general vibe of She Hulk whenever she’s appeared in a book I’m reading has never been comedy. This might be a one off but she’s definitely not Deadpool level.

Really should have called this Legally Green and had her be a plucky (single, female) lawyer fighting the cases of people under threat of incarceration for marijuana possession.

It's not like me to be a contrarian but there was a little something along those lines I see! Probably not often or a staple of the character though

She-Hulk-Rips-Madcap-Out-of-Comic.jpg

She-Hulk-TLDR.jpg

She-Hulk-Bryan-Hitch.jpg
I think it depends on the writer. She’s done it on occasion but never to Deadpool levels and it could easily play no part in the TV series without causing fan outrage.

a LEGAL COMEDY indeed!

She used to break the fourth wall quite a bit. She also banged Juggernaut in a storyline so bad they've had to retcon it out of existence.

But I do like everything else.

Hmm yeah that’s not a great start - some of the CG is alright but the latter half not to much, but I’m sure they can work it out by August.

I’m more worried about Marvel attempting to make a comedy series - they have good moments of writing but…

I don’t know what it’ll end up like, but “woman goes dating” seems like a bit of a shallow angle for a good chunk of the traielr

Oh it's always been like that, you can probably blame seventies sexism from when she first appeared in comics :( The distinction used to be that she was ALWAYS in Hulk form while retaining her human mind, but that seems to have been changed for this version (presumably for budgetary reasons).

I feel like that scene of her carrying her date to bed is going to awaken something in an entire generation of young men :eyes:

I got through Moon Knight, I can get through this.

She-Hulk was a good Top Trump too, some of her stats were variable so they were GOOD

They improved the cgi (a bit)

I love how she gets a blow out whenever she turns green. I’m interested in the tone.

It’s always interesting to know will be my Marvel show to half watch while doing the ironing will be?

Marvel doing a comedy? Ok :)

Well this is iconic:
“Musically, Sophie just lives in this place that I always want to live in, but there’s a poppiness and femininity combined with these clashing industrial sounds,” Maslany tells Variety about the parallels between Sophie’s music and playing the dual role of Jennifer Walters and She-Hulk. “Her music video ‘Faceshopping’ was all about skin, commodification of body and being separated into different parts, and that all felt thematically and spiritually connected.”
:disco::disco::disco:

Ok first episode, lots of stuff to establish. Should have been a double premier.

I enjoyed it! I assume this one won't be too indicative of the usual episode structure since it was mostly flashback/origin stuff, but I already love most of what's been set up. Jameela bursting through the wall looking like a Drag Race parody of GLOW was such a scream, too :disco:

Went in with low expectations but it really was a lot of fun !

Oh wait I enjoyed it :o (turns out I only WANTED to enjoy Ms Marvel)

I didn’t feel rushed either really, I am NOT going to say “oh this marvel series needs a longer runtime” because that way madness lies.

The humour was fairly basic but it did the job and hopefully it can continue without having to show rather than tell the “what’s the deal with misogyny??” like most shows seem capable of only doing.

I am sort of fascinated by Jameela for some reason, so I wonder what her deal will be. Finally I feel like there’s a marvel show I can look forward to rather than endure for canon purposes.

And can someone please tell Marvel you don’t need EIGHT minutes of credits for a 30 minute show, it’s not Endgame

This is still fun, are we watching?
I guess it’s turning into a procedural but I’m ok for that for now

WHY does it need such a long Previously On? It really needs the whole origin story still? It needed about 10 seconds of her getting the Abomination case, and the report of his breakout, that’s all

It’s fine, not offensive but I’m struggling to care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom