Sheena’s Delayed First Listen Disco Party

I was about to dismiss Dancefloor Dancing as KINDA AVERAGE but then it PERKED UP. Ridiculously 80s (and so, yes, not disco at all...) but the SPAZZY BIT isn't quite long enough to get the lid off your poppers for me and don't just FUCKING END. Hmmph.

I'm a bit worried now. The album is petering out a bit after a really strong first half.

Unstoppable is 80s as well. So far, there's a real DISCO DISTINCTION going on between the 70s and 80s influenced stuff. it was also ENTIRELY FORGETTABLE on first listen.

Oh dear if you don’t like DFD. Were you not a fan of LWY from Golden either?

I was going to slag Celebrate You off at first, but by the end I had warmed to it and think it's going to be a major grower. It's not a disco ballad as I've seen it described elsewhere- in fact, the closing parts of the album aren't REMOTELY disco. dUb will be CHEATED.

Reactions: dUb
@Eddie what do you think of her (incredible) track with Tove Lo? Really Don't Like U has brought me a lot of JOY in the last year

The bonus tracks are just melding into one right now. Remember when Kylie's bonus tracks were something to get EXCITED about?

The bonus tracks are just melding into one right now. Remember when Kylie's bonus tracks were something to get EXCITED about?

I think TYLS towers over the rest but there's nothing terrible on here.

Fine Wine is actually quite a lot of fun- I prefer it to Monday Blues.

Spotlight is probably the weakest of the 4 for me.

What is so clever about the Tove Lo collaboration is the vocal production and the way their voices though totally distinct seamlessly meld together in a way where you can't quite work out where one vocal stops and the other starts.

Yeah, the first half way better than the second half of the main album and the bonus tracks, well, not really worth the effort. Shame, I thought the first 8 track disc was leading me into thinking it was going to trouble my UPPER ECHELONS OF KYLIE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom