Sheryl Crow - Evolution (new album)

I really don't get this, is she trying to go tiktok viral or something with that chorus?

That ended up rather more epic than I expected. I like it (guitar solo excepted), though her voice has maybe lost a bit of its warmth.

That very much feels like a trip down memory lane, but it is well done and I'm here for it.

My immediate thought was the latest one sounds like ‘C’Mon C’Mon’ era Sheryl. I think all three tracks released so far are solid.

The album has come out rather quietly today. Haven’t listened yet but I see there’s a “deluxe” edition, the deluxe part being one extra song added to round it up to a 10 track album.

I have seen online she's doing quite a bit of promo in the US, so figured it must be out today!

Had a quick listen and it's not quite the return to classic Sheryl that "Do It Again" had promised, for a short album she's included TWO piano ballads :square: but there's a couple more on there with a lot of potential.

I don’t think this is very good. Did It Again and the title track are probably the best things on it. Some quite trite and clichéd lyrics too.

And as for the interminable na-na-naing on Love Life :zombie:

Yeah not too keen on first listen. Of the new songs Waiting In The Wings is nice if a bit gloopy. Broken Record is plain embarrassing.

This is not a good album. "Do it Again" is the only song that draws me back. The rest sound like dishwater.

I just gave it a first listen and unfortunately I concur. The lyrics range from trite to embarrassing. She clearly didn't have anything to say.

She's simply doing an ELLIE GOULDING and saying "fuck personal"

It's an album for the gays

The last 2 are good. Not listened properly, but it didn't strike me as bad at all, albeit with nothing jumping out.

I feel the three singles are the takeaways from this project. It’s not a terrible album but doesn’t add anything to her discography, there’s no real reason to return to it.

I understand her frustration with playlist and streaming culture and with her concerns about AI when she’s a traditional album campaign performer, but the irony is this record is pretty much like an AI requested playlist in the style of Sheryl Crow.

Her streaming numbers are pitiful.

I've gone back to the album and the first half is really quite decent. The second half is like a different album - bloated and directionless with questionable lyrics.

I gave it a spin but it just seems bland and unnecessary :vomit:

Guys we all need to go back and read the promo

She's been very clear that it's DELIBERATELY DISJOINTED BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN ALBUM BECAUSE ALBUMS ARE POINTLESS AND MUSIC IS SHIT AND LIFE IS FUTILE AND ONE DOESN'T CHART ON THE ALBUM CHARTS BECAUSE THERE IS NO ALBUM AND DELETE ALL EXISTENCE

This is evolution

Guys we all need to go back and read the promo

She's been very clear that it's DELIBERATELY DISJOINTED BECAUSE IT'S NOT AN ALBUM BECAUSE ALBUMS ARE POINTLESS AND MUSIC IS SHIT AND LIFE IS FUTILE AND ONE DOESN'T CHART ON THE ALBUM CHARTS BECAUSE THERE IS NO ALBUM AND DELETE ALL EXISTENCE

She clearly didn't hear about the return of Massive Attack (aka Dua Lipa)

I imagine she did what we all did when we heard Houdini and gave up

They say you’re Sheryl Crow
Tell me all the ways your flopping
Your album won’t chart for long
I make all Massive Attack songs bopping

STOCKING PROBLEMS!
She stands in solidarity with Martine McCutcheon regarding this.

OK this album is growing on me. "Love Life" and "You Can't Change The Weather" are both brilliant, "Where?" is a really nice ballad, and "Do It Again" is honestly one of my favourite singles of hers in a long long time.

It's a shame there are 2 or 3 crap ones on there but there's plenty here to enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom