Slant Ranks All 82 Madonna Singles

I saw that and there are plenty of questionable 'choices' in there in terms of the rankings..

Based on what's been disclosed in this thread and nothing else, I WHOLLY APPROVE of this list.

Apparently GAYLUV is better than the aforementioned classics well I’m very sorry not at all sorry but NO. No-one in the whole world likes GAYLUV and EVERYONE adores ‘Girl Gone Wild’. It’s just so EROTIC :disco:

Shall I open the vodka? :disco:

Turn Up The Radio genuinely too high. Madonna at her most PEDESTRIAN which is the worst thing she can be.

Reactions: Zu
'Hanky Panky' IS better than 'Crazy For You'. I've always thought that.

On Page 1 and already it's all wrong. You Must Love Me is lovely, and American Life remains essential, especially in its raw, original video form.
I'd say the top 40 is pretty good and the top 10 is spot on (ish) but there are some definite choices in there...

Awwww fuck it!

I don’t QUITE agree with #1 but then I heard it so many thousands of times when getting sexy in the club with my straw that I never have the urge to listen to it. (See also: ‘Express Yourself’, which is also amazing but same applies.) I would DEFINITELY choose ‘Frozen’ instead. Or ‘Revolver’ :tongueout:

Indeed. Followed by the original whore-athon VMAs performance. After that it'll probably be the Confessions version actually...
Original whore-a-thon, for sure.

The Britney/Xtina whore-a-thon I have mixed feelings about, if only because its fabulousness grinds to a hideous halt when Hollywood kicks in.

'Hanky Panky' IS better than 'Crazy For You'. I've always thought that.
That raised some red flags in my book. “Hanky Panky” fitted its billing on I’m Breathless but it’s more or less my least favorite Madonna single pre-Evita.

‘Justify My Love’ at TWELVE is a bit of a disgrace. It sounded like nothing else at the time (well, nothing I was aware of) and is still utterly captivating to say the VERY least, not to mention SEEDY

SO NOW WHAT :horny:

I'm stuck in an 80s Madonna loop now. Coming up:

1. Like a Virgin (Extended Mix)
2. Open Your Heart (Video Version)
3. Material Girl (Virgin Live Tour)
4. Angel (Extended Dance Mix)
5. I KNOW IT

The concert rewatches have done their job.

Also, am I the only one who thinks “I’ll Remember” is very very average? It was a massive hit here, like six weeks at number two,but I always wished the superior “This Used to be my Playground” was more remembered.

That raised some red flags in my book. “Hanky Panky” fitted its billing on I’m Breathless but it’s more or less my least favorite Madonna single pre-Evita.
It's fine on I'm Breathless though I think it actually detracts from some of the very fine songs on there (Something To Remember, Back In Business).

It's also only funny for about 20 seconds.

Also, am I the only one who thinks “I’ll Remember” is very very average? It was a massive hit here, like six weeks at number one, but I always wished the superior “This Used to be my Playground” was more remembered.
Oh, I absolutely LOVE I'll Remember.

I couldn't choose between it and Playground, they're both mighty fine.

It’s QUITE a good list, but American Life, Power Of Goodbye, Drowned World and Get Together are all FAR TOO LOW - never mind Fever (!), I’ll Remember and Hanky Panky all being FAR TOO HIGH!

Am I the only person who remembers the MTV boycott of I’ll Remember? They literally used to skip it on chart countdowns and everything.

I still don’t know why.

this used to be my playground is one of the best things she's done. totally underrated.

It’s QUITE a good list, but American Life, Power Of Goodbye, Drowned World and Get Together are all FAR TOO LOW - never mind Fever (!), I’ll Remember and Hanky Panky all being FAR TOO HIGH!

The (video) single version of Fever is magnificent, though..,

Am I the only person who remembers the MTV boycott of I’ll Remember? They literally used to skip it on chart countdowns and everything.

I still don’t know why.
I don't remember that. It was nominated for best song from a movie in the MTV movie awards next year, so it seems quite weird if they did that on purpose. God knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom