Slovenia 2019: Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl - Sebi

VoR

Take it or leave it
Slovenia select on Saturday, and they actually have a couple of rather tasty numbers in the lineup this year.

Kaos by Raiven is a total disjointed mess but also kinda fabulous. Would probably be too niche to qualify if they chose it, but it'd lend itself to a great stage show I think. I want SMOKE and LASERS.

Then there's this utterly shameless Avicii rip-off which would probably put them on safer ground in Tel Aviv.

Snippets of all the songs here

Last edited:
Raiven’s song is a complete and utter train wreck. There’s no tune, no structure and way too up its own arse. She is famous though so would not rule out a win.

Kim’s song is fine, though has absolutely no originality, but then it’s never stopped a song doing well at Eurovision before. What HAS she done to her face though?

JESC contestant Ula Ložar is the only other one I can see winning but her song is a bit basic. Though I think her chances will depend on the performance. There’s lots of instrumental bits so I expect a lot of dancing.

Kim, Ula and especially Raiven's songs went overboard with the technobeat.

Sending cock rock hardly ever works well.

The ambient songs might be a big hit or miss, depending on how they're staged. But since this is Slovenia, they'll likely be overlooked anyway, regardless of the popularity of the alternate genre. It's still not very ESC

Zala and Gasper won. I like it but that's going to do absolutely nothing in Tel Aviv.

Agreed. Nice enough but a likely last place in the semi. Oh those SILLY SLOVENES.

I think this is great. I really hope it can qualify.

It really is quite lovely, and I'm starting to hope maybe it can connect with people too. Tall order though.

OMG I love this! It’s so intimate.

I love the staging with her just looking at him and him holding her hand + close up camera. I hope they keep that for Tel Aviv (I’m sure that they will)

Unsure if it will qualify, but I wouldn’t totally write it off as it’s quite a memorable performance. Aminata and that Hungarian remix song both got to finals with similar style songs albeit in English.

Nice little oddity that should stand out. I think it's a qualifier.

This is so magical. I love how it just flows and is so laid-back. That could potentially be its downfall though but it's so different to anything else that it is going to stand out.

It's a smooth little ditty, but they'll have to stage the high heavens out of it in Tel Aviv. Lighting, props and especially the camera angles

I don't think there's much they CAN do with it really, they can't really have anyone else on stage apart from the two of them. But they do need to do something to make it interesting because the song is SO laid back. Maybe some neon-lights that Zala walks through or something with Gasper playing in the background.

I think this has a good chance of giving Slovenia their best result in quite a while. Top 10 is not out of reach!

I love this now too. It really reminds me of a t.A.T.u. song, weirdly. It has that desolate, spacey vibe a lot of their ballads had.

I'd keep the performance pretty much unchanged really. The simplicity is the appeal. Bit more mood lightning maybe. But that's it.

As pissed off as I was about the dank slut not winning with whatever song it was, I think this is exceptional and I even spent coins on their EP :disco:

I predict TOP FIVE POUR LA SLOVÉNIE

This is my favourite Slovenian entry ever. I think this could be a real moment.

Absolutely stanning this one now

I can’t be pissing about with the other sultry/dull favourites this year like Italy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom