Slovenia 2022: LPS - Disko

VoR

Take it or leave it
Quite a likable little selection in Slovenia this year! They choose on Saturday

Some favourites

Luma - All In

As @Pingu observed, this almost reads as a deliberate parody of zalagaspar from 2019, but it's a fairly sultry gem.

Anabel - Tendency

A delightful slice of 2003-pop with a bewilderingly awful ending.

July Jones - Girls Can Do Anything

Yes, they can!!! This seems to be a frontrunner. Not really my cup of tea but there's something there.

BQL - Maj

More winsome retro-pop. If they win it'll probably be something of a pity vote, they've finished second like 3 times.

Batista Cadillac

Hot man, shit song

Manouche - Si Sama

Another 00s throw back, but more to the kind of guff that would routinely NQ for central European countries that had sort of given up.

BQL have missed out with much better, more competitive material in the past, so that probably means this is their year. :zombie:

I quite like Maj :shy:

Give me All In or Tendency (both with a revamp) though.

That Batista Cadillac song would really be far better suited to a woman (oh fine, NINA ZILLI) shaking her tits all over it. His voice is just that BIT too affected :zombie:

(and yes, obviously he'd get it in a month of Sundays so long as you stitched his mouth shut first)

The annoying thing about Tendency is that there is so much repetition and the verses are so meandering that it could easily be cut down to 2:30 and an extra chorus stuck on the end.

BQL should've got in back in 2017 but much rather an ok track from them than that awful LUMA thing.

Anabel - Tendency

A delightful slice of 2003-pop with a bewilderingly awful ending.

I kind of LOVE this breezy tat? It has doomed FAN FAVE written all over it should it win the selection (I'm assuming unlikely). It sort of gives me a whiff of Austrian ZOE who sang in French, mainly in regards to her amount of hair and general hopelessness.

July Jones screams "scrapes through semi final in 10th place and finishes 21st on the night" - very much Lea Sirk part two IF YOU WILL!

We finally have a studio version of this. It's actually grown on me a lot. Complete roadkill, but really quite WINSOME.

It is, but weirdly not in the UK. I presume somebody will un-geoblock it shortly.

Is that everything on Spotify now?

Wow, I’m shocked to discover that the version I have had on my phone all this time was the live version! Kudos to the lead singer, it’s a pretty effortless vocal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom