Small Axe by Steve McQueen / Lovers Rock (2020)

Krustmas

User
Not sure where to put this anthology series of five films on BBC / Amazon Prime, critics seem to review them individually. The pick seems to be episode / film number two, Lovers Rock which is absolutely mesmerizing even though there is not much of a plot. It makes you long for a good party in pre-Corona times. Are the other films worth seeing?

I haven't watched the first one yet but enjoyed Lovers Rock. Agree about it being slim on plot (and it probably wouldn't have suffered from being ten minutes shorter) but the build captured the sense of anticipation so well and a lot of the party dance scenes were quite exciting. I liked the main actress a lot too.

Also I was vaguely aware of Silly Games previously but have been quite obsessed with it this week.

Also I was vaguely aware of Silly Games previously but have been quite obsessed with it this week.

I didn't watch it, but it was on while I was busy doing something else. I can't comment on the programme itself, but I was sick to fucking death of Silly Games by the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom