Solovey (Ukraine 2020) vs SHUM (Ukraine 2021)

Raven Queen's Masterpiece is

• Total voters
I fucking LOVE Solovey and it’s the original I got to discover them with but there’s a whole story with Shum now, plus its energy is crazy so I’m going with that.

I’ve also come to love the Eurovision version, it’s not as dark as the original and more suited to Eurovision.

I was quite down on Shum for a while, just because I didn't think it came close to matching up to Solovey, which was my favourite last year - but my god, the energy of the performance was just beyond. Both 11/10 moments.

I think Shum has the (unfair) advantage of being fully REALISED at Eurovision.

But I do think I was bigger on Solovey in March / April 2020 than I was on Shum in March / April 2021? But then this week happened and EVERYTHING CHANGED.

:RavenQueen:

I didn't mind Solovey but Original Shum was a moment for me when it was released. New Shum finally hitting last week was a wonderous moment too.

I didn't care for Solovey at all. When Shum came along it was a whole different story. I then realised I was being an ignorant Western European cunt unable to understand ART from a relatively distant culture. Once I got over myself I am now fully ready to IMMERSE MYSELF!

MGMqSB9.gifBe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom