Somebody Somewhere (HBO)

RJN

lost all chats
Pronouns
he/him
I started this new HBO "comedy" last night, and I think it is really something special. It's about a woman in her 40s who moves back to her small town to take care of her dying sister. The shows starts 6 months after her sister dies. Only 2 episodes are out, but both really touched me, and I can't wait for next weeks. It reminds me of Fleabag a bit.

I'm really enjoying this, thanks for recommending! it's a good balance of sad and funny. it has also made me think about what I would if I got stuck back in my hometown... yikes. just the thought makes me depressed

this might be something for old lady @the pleasure principal too

I’m glad you’re liking it. I agree that the balance of sad and funny is why it’s so good. I’m also kind of fascinated by gay life in small town America (thank god I’m from a city) and this shows it. I’m all caught up now and I want more

I'm really enjoying this, thanks for recommending! it's a good balance of sad and funny. it has also made me think about what I would if I got stuck back in my hometown... yikes. just the thought makes me depressed

this might be something for old lady @the pleasure principal too

i actually have it lined up but i keep avoiding it in favour of silly stuff.
on that note, i keep meaning to rewatch dancer in the dark - it's been, what, 20 years?

Renewed for another season!

I’ve been enjoying this low key and endearing comedy. It’s a bit like a melancholic version of that Miranda Hart show.

I just watched the first episode of this and loved it. May have got a bit teary for Don't Give up.

It’s such a good companion to Euphoria on hbo right now. It feels like it’s showing such a different side to America
also watching the 2 together, they’re both brilliant. Somebody Somewhere is such a beautiful show , and brilliantly written

• Love
Reactions: RJN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom