Sonic The Hedgehog

Is this first one worth watching? It only came to the cinema here when Corona was kicking in, and it’s finally coming to Netflix next month

Is this first one worth watching? It only came to the cinema here when Corona was kicking in, and it’s finally coming to Netflix next month
Despite a general distaste for films in general, I didn't hate it.

Sonic 2 is arguably the MVP of all Sonic games YES I WENT THERE so maybe they'll turn this into something watchable (I'm not falling for all your "it was ALRIGHT" about the first one, I saw some CLIPS and it looked like a BAD EPISODE of Power Rangers).

Reactions: GNL

Well it's a CGI talking animal movie for all the family, I was expecting it to be AWFUL! But it was actually quite sweet, had more little nods to the games than I expected, and Jim Carrey was clearly having a marvellous time chewing the scenery. I'd give it a go if you like the games :tongueout:

Of the CGI talking animal films starring James Marsden, it was better than Hop and Cats & Dogs 2: The Revenge of Kitty Galore. I actually rather enjoyed Jim Carrey's performance too.

Reactions: COB
Well it's a CGI talking animal movie for all the family, I was expecting it to be AWFUL! But it was actually quite sweet, had more little nods to the games than I expected, and Jim Carrey was clearly having a marvellous time chewing the scenery. I'd give it a go if you like the games :tongueout:

it doesn’t seem to have fared as well as Detective Pikachu, which I really didn’t find as cute as everyone shouted it was

Well this was a big pile of shit, not surprising but I expected something watchable.

Well it’s over

I mean I finished watching the film. It was alright, I thought Sonic was cute, James Marsden too, his girlfriend was stun gorge. The script was actually decent too.

but what @Slave said makes total sense, I was wondering why it had practically no Easter eggs. Like when Robotnik was looking through his machine plans and they were all just generic drones, no boss machines.

I guess I just wish it had been more Sonicky, but the tone of the film was nice. I hope they can course correct in Sonic 2

Given this information from page 1:
My friend is doing the visual promo for the movie and said that the request for them to work on the movie appeared long before Sonic was attached to it.

So essentially the movie script is/was just a generic live-action/animated hybrid and Sonic was picked as the “star” much later on.
...I wonder if the filmmakers might have underestimated the demand for a Sonic movie with actual Sonic-y STUFF in it? I would expect the next film to have a lot more stuff from the games, particularly since we now have a game-accurate Robotnik as of the end of the first one :o

Given this information from page 1:

...I wonder if the filmmakers might have underestimated the demand for a Sonic movie with actual Sonic-y STUFF in it? I would expect the next film to have a lot more stuff from the games, particularly since we now have a game-accurate Robotnik as of the end of the first one :o

yeah that’s what I meant by Slave’s comments! It was just a bit puzzling really, why bring back a 90s property if they weren’t going to use the nostalgia?

if anything I thought they were going to aim at Detective Pikachu, and end up with a joyless turd like Ready Player One. I’m glad we got something decent, hopefully the sequel will be better than the original (imagine that!)

I want a NEO-NOIR Chaotix movie and I want it NOW.

Reactions: COB
How about a Sonic R movie that's just the entire soundtrack in full with gays dancing to it :disco:

Reactions: GNL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom