Sour Candy (with BLACKPINK)

Jark

gave ur love away
not only a complete mess of a song, but also a WHOLESALE steal from Swish Swish. what an EPIC lead balloon :D music to strut to and that's IT

POP!

Running on stardust
not only a complete mess of a song, but also a WHOLESALE steal from Swish Swish. what an EPIC lead balloon :D music to strut to and that's IT
It’s literally the same backing track :o is it a sample

Jark

gave ur love away
BLACKPINK have had some success in the US but are not famous on the BTS level. I think they've toured quite well.

It’s literally the same backing track :o is it a sample

The dance banger (Sour Candy) samples What They Say by Maya Jane Coles, which was previously heard in Katy Perry’s Swish Swish and Girls Like by Tinie Tempah and Zara Larsson.

Beverley

I Don't Wanna Change A THI-ING
THIS IS BRILLIANT

But as Ms Kangaroo has pointed out, even the Swish Swish backing was derivative of something else

Jark

gave ur love away
The dance banger (Sour Candy) samples What They Say by Maya Jane Coles, which was previously heard in Katy Perry’s Swish Swish and Girls Like by Tinie Tempah and Zara Larsson.
Fun story about Maya Jane Coles - we saw her play last year in Amsterdam at a drag party. When the club was closing, my friend and her lesbian friend (who is in love with Maya to the point of being borderline a bit sad) somehow got us backstage to the dressing rooms etc where we were introduced to her. My friend had been on the E and so she wouldn't SHUT UP - just talking and talking at Maya. The lesbian couldn't get a word in so literally said nothing. After Maya left, the lesbian turned around and said: "I've waited ten years for that moment and you didn't let me speak." :D I've never seen anyone look so DEJECTED.

KindaCool

You've got issues.
It's definitely NOT a sample. There are a couple of distinctly differing keys. But yes, it still sounds very familiar.

Lucille

PLAYING DIRTY
Yeah it’s slightly different to the Maya Jane Coles sample but it was the first thing I thought of when I heard it.

Suedey

Bring Back Manly Men
Oh this is fun as well! I prefer ROM (hi @Raining On Me ) but this is fun. Stupid Love was okay.

Hmmm. Don't make me like you again Gaga :evil:

Diddy

Rice Queen
It’s a weird choice to sample the same thing as Swish Swish, it’s not like they would’ve been made at the same time unaware.

anyway I like musically

the candy metaphor is a bit clunky though

KindaCool

You've got issues.
She's going for the Republican market.

I DO NOT want to hear Trump saying the words "now I'm undressing".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom