(south korean dance sensation) peggy gou

ameraal

la loi de murphy
so, this (sk born, berlin based) young lady music maker and spinner has been making proper waves the past few years, culminating with her 2018 smash it makes me forget (itgehane). she's quite good looking so she has a lot of followers and a lot of haters. the electronic music scene really loves/hates pretty girls.

she followed it up with solid tracks like han jan and shero, some lovely mixes at the tail end of last year and now her new one starry night which is even poppier and i really like already.

seeing her play tonight and mildly excited though i don't like her dj sets half as much as her own music. edit: the goug was just jancelled :D

Last edited:
It's actually the opposite for me, I prefer her dj sets to her music. I've seen her twice, last year and in 2017 when she replaced German dj Konstantin following his misogynistic comment about female djs at the Peacock Society festival.

I've been having a Gou-fest this evening. Loving her collab with Maurice Fulton from earlier in the year.

PG is great, I was on her early days. She had some great releases on Rekkids (I think) which were also backed up by hot remixes from Galcher Lustwerk and Terekeke.

I find the FUCKING BORING outrage from basic internet dudes around her tiresome. She made it where she did because she was good and output was strong from the start. Who gives a fuck that she doesn't toe the line of what women are allowed to be like, look like, be recognised for in DJing. It is usually from some sad fuck who has precisely zero gigs.

I know she's problematic with all her OIL MONEY, but I had NO IDEA the (year old) Starry Night video EXISTED until last night and is honestly one of the best music videos I have seen in AGES!
The lighting and cinematography are NEXT LEVEL, never mind the scenarios themselves:

WHAT A VISUAL! :disco: And surely a bigger budget than most mainstream pop music videos - I wonder where she got THAT FROM! :eyes: :D

every hipster I know is obsessed with Peggy Gou. aesthetically as much as musically. her IG is absolutely shit hot. when she's played parties in Amsterdam they sell out in SECONDS and the resale prices are through the roof. it's mad.

what's the story about her oil money?

She played MDL Beast Festival in Saudi Arabia and I think a few other WELL PAID private gigs in Middle Eastern countries with poor human rights records. She understandably got a lot of flack for it.

However SO MANY PEOPLE in the music industry do this, be it public facing or privately, if you’re going to cancel one then cancel THEM ALL :eyes: Cancel culture in general is so immature and aimless.

HOWEVER I don’t really care much about Peggy Gou in general, and don’t have a personal strong opinion on her other than HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS ARE HORRIFIC BEYOND WORDS. I’m just VERY HAPPY that video was somehow bestowed upon humanity :disco:

Last edited:
She certainly has a lot of detractors. I was on her since the early days, she popped up on Rekkids with some great remixes (Terekke, Galcher Lustwerk), so was attracted to that straight off. Backed up with great own productions.

I have fingered Peggy for ASFM on several occasions, didn’t realize she had her own thread here.

OMG isn't it AMAZING! I watched it four times in a row the first time I watched it (last week :disco:)

And the use of colour red/blue/white/green :disco: I think my fave set up is the billboard over the motorway, at various points of the day :disco:

I wonder if South Korean tourism contributed some BUDGET! It certainly wasn't cheap AT ALL.

And the use of colour red/blue/white/green :disco: I think my fave set up is the billboard over the motorway, at various points of the day :disco:
yep that is THE SHOT. the metallic silver dress glinting blue in the night light is also the definition of :disco:

aside from Starry Night I really like Itgehane, Han Jan and Jigoo. Sparkly house music for the night - just what I need to get me through the winter. I hope there's more on the way.

Problematic Peggy ASIDE, I might just get smashed and watch this WORK OF ART on repeat all night tonight :disco:

The Mum dancing against the class door in the Parasite house is my NEW FAVE, and a VERY RELATABLE SET UP TOO :disco:

I know she's problematic with all her OIL MONEY, but I had NO IDEA the (year old) Starry Night video EXISTED until last night and is honestly one of the best music videos I have seen in AGES!
The lighting and cinematography are NEXT LEVEL, never mind the scenarios themselves:

WHAT A VISUAL! :disco: And surely a bigger budget than most mainstream pop music videos - I wonder where she got THAT FROM! :eyes: :D

What an amazing video :disco:

OIL UP!

She played MDL Beast Festival in Saudi Arabia and I think a few other WELL PAID private gigs in Middle Eastern countries with poor human rights records. She understandably got a lot of flack for it.

However SO MANY PEOPLE in the music industry do this, be it public facing or privately, if you’re going to cancel one then cancel THEM ALL :eyes: Cancel culture in general is so immature and aimless.

QUITE

Peggy Gou fangirls should NOT miss Jark.FM 4 in the lounge at 9 GMT :eyes:

Oh that's LOVELY! Reminds me of early 90s - Soul II Soul or Bomb The Bass...

This remains the greatest music video EVER MADE!
The opulence of getting two tigers on set to walk perfectly synchronised for less than ONE SECOND :D / :disco:

And I am, as ever and always, the saucy Korean housewife WRITHING against the window in a VERY SEXY WAY :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom