Special

Mats

User
male homosexual writes a show about and starring himself. pretty much a Please Like Me for 2019

oh and he has cerebral palsy. just binged it tonight with Mr M (cute 15 minutes episode format) and thought it was actually a pretty commendable show. the scene where he has his cherry popped was so endearing... we've all been there (well except noted top only @Dark Carnival)

I'm sorry, Bev, on how many planes do you exist? how do you have the time to read all those books, watch all those shows, be out on the streets and in the courtrooms? not to mention PENNING YOUR OWN DAMN BOOK

where is your inspirational calendar for 2019 so I can hang it on my fridge to look at when I go open yet another box of ice cream?

either way, I guess great lengths can and have been written about this, dealing with ableism and being gay, yada yada yada

just watch it because it's cute and lovely and the lead's quite handsome :disco:

It was really charming. I also binged in one sitting, with the short run times it was basically film length. I thought the supporting cast were very strong and it was basically lovely.

I hadn't thought of Please Like Me, but yes that is a good comparison. It didn't go as deep as that, but to be fair that had more time. I do think the budget restrictions showed a little compared to what you see in Netflix Originals usually but it is obviously a good thing this series was made.

Also Augustus Prew, who is very likeable in this, reminds me quite a bit of Ludwig Trepte from Deutschland 86.

I'm sorry, Bev, on how many planes do you exist? how do you have the time to read all those books, watch all those shows, be out on the streets and in the courtrooms? not to mention PENNING YOUR OWN DAMN BOOK

where is your inspirational calendar for 2019 so I can hang it on my fridge to look at when I go open yet another box of ice cream?

and please don't answer this question as it is, alas, retorical. I am wasting my life being a hopeless nobody. don't pm me (as I'm too lazy to reply) x

It was really charming. I also binged in one sitting, with the short run times it was basically film length. I thought the supporting cast were very strong and it was basically lovely.

I hadn't thought of Please Like Me, but yes that is a good comparison. It didn't go as deep as that, but to be fair that had more time. I do think the budget restrictions showed a little compared to what you see in Netflix Originals usually but it is obviously a good thing this series was made.

hopefully Netflix will grant it a second season with a bit more meat on the budget to flesh it out, I think it could do it. I'm definitely here for it

I have no idea who Ludwig Trepte is but having googled (easy on the eyes) and also having loved Babylon Berlin last year I might be in the mood for more German Qualität :germany:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom