Spice Girls - SPICE (25th Anniversary Edition)

Jeez, what extras would they have for that? The album was made in a fortnight in a fucking portacabin on the set of the film and the b-sides are mostly knock-off guff.

Jeez, what extras would they have for that? The album was made in a fortnight in a fucking portacabin on the set of the film and the b-sides are mostly knock-off guff.

this has been a recurring discussion in the SG FB group (formerly DenDen) and apparently, there is some stuff to fill out a second disc of extras: Step To Me (obviously, and maybe finally release the complete remix package to streaming services), demos, unreleased promo remixes (Viva Forever, Never Give Up...); as for unheard songs I guess they must have a couple of them namely Can't Stay Tonight and something that was left off the movie soundtrack (No Gary Glitter please!).

Melanie C has been vocal about wanting to release C U Next Tuesday somehow, although is not from 1997.

Plus, there's always room to bung out something related to the Istanbul concert, however, I wish they would stop meddling with the dubbing; I wanna hear the girls in all their raw vocal crox glory. Now, we all know we're just getting Outer Space Girls and Walk Of Life again because it's the SG we're talking about and having mediocre cash grabbing releases is their brand.

Last edited:
@Pipo 😍 so extensive

Was it in one of the live chats that Melanie C said they’d deliberately kept some stuff back for Spice World? Tbh, I do think there are quite a few things that were kept behinds in the original eras because they were too racy, and I’d love to hear them.

@Pipo 😍 so extensive

Was it in one of the live chats that Melanie C said they’d deliberately kept some stuff back for Spice World? Tbh, I do think there are quite a few things that were kept behinds in the original eras because they were too racy, and I’d love to hear them.

Yes! People in that FB group sometimes summarize her interviews. There was also another interview in December last year with Biff Stannard and he confirmed they do have a few unused SpiceWorld demos in the bin even though it was recorded in a fortnight.
Throughout the years and several promo CDs popping up in Discogs have confirmed there are also alternate/longer versions of album tracks like Lady Is A Vamp and Move Over.

the dubbing is ridiculous. WORST ever. But then again, they outdid themselves with the Wembley concert release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom