Spice Girls - SPICE (25th Anniversary Edition)

Pipo

COQUETTE :ribbon:
240822922_10159338944067528_7724363868653022824_n.jpg

I'm liking that everything is so HALF ARSED so far, just like THEM.

A 2 CD set. CD includes standard tracklist and, tomorrow we're getting an unreleased mix of Say You'll Be There labeled as 7" Radio Mix in honor of its 25th anniversary. It's a bit longer (4:08), it has a sax solo instead of the harmonica bit and each girl gets a turn to lead a chorus throughout it.

Tracklist for CD2

241002751_10226195442336277_9134800687146748352_n.jpg

It's so odd they got rid of Bumper To Bumper and Baby Come Round :confused:

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not like there isn't space on a CD...just put them on! GAH! Not even quarter-arsed.

Oh, and there's the one unreleased track from the expensive picture disc, present and correct. Fucking rubbish.

Oh, are we getting the full rap in Say You’ll Be There I wonder…

they don't have much unreleased material do they? what do you bitches want? :D

View attachment 4787

I'm liking everything is so HALF ARSED so far, just like THEM.

A 2 CD set. CD includes standard tracklist and, tomorrow we're getting an unreleased radio mix of Say You'll Be There labeled as 7" Radio Mix in honor of its 25th anniversary. It's a bit longer (4:08), it has a sax solo instead of the harmonica bit and each girl gets a turn to lead a chorus throughout it.

Tracklist for CD2

View attachment 4788

It's so odd they got rid of Bumper To Bumper and Baby Come Round :confused:

Ugh I want the Say You'll Be There rap and C U Next Tuesday and then I can finally vocal slam the door on these minge teasin' bastards ye.

they have a bunch of demos, several unreleased songs and remixes (which were only on promo CDs) so, not that much :D :(

oh HELL, even sticking Step To Me in it somewhere would have been nice :(

:DeathToAllOfThem:

even sticking Step To Me in it somewhere would have been nice :(
Probably belongs on a Spiceworld reissue, presuming that Pepsi don't still have the rights.

As an example, this is my idea of an anniversary reissue:

I nabbed this on Friday: the album, a disc of demos, outtakes, alternate mixes and b-sides and a live disc. Now, a live disc isn't a thing for this album because they didn't tour until after Spiceworld but we know there are remixes that were promo only and/or have been long O/P. So, take this, add the remaining b-sides and a clutch of those remixes and you have summat worth having. Literally, another 5 tracks and it would at least have the air of effort being made and value being considered.

someone over at Popjustice posted this list of everything circa this era and looks very comprehensive. Everybody knows this is exclusively for the fans, so why release something so lazy and offensive that looks like it's been curated by a Fifth Harmony stan?

CD2:
1. Wannabe (Junior Vasquez Gomis Dub)
2. Say You’ll Be There (7” Radio Mix)
3. 2 Become 1 (Georgie Porgie Remix - Edit)
4. Who Do You Think You Are (Morales Mix - Edit)
5. Step To Me (Matthew’s Disco Steppin’ Mix)
6. Love Thing (12” Unlimited Groove Mix)
7. If U Can’t Dance (Unreleased Remix)
8. Say You’ll Be There (Demo)
9. 2 Become 1 (Demo)
10. Last Time Lover (Demo)
11. Mama (Demo)
12. Who Do You Think You Are (Demo)
13. If U Can’t Dance (Demo)
14. Step To Me (Demo)
15. Seremos Uno Los Dos

but alas, no, they'll probably include a fucking FRIENDSHIP bracelet as a gift.

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
No way in hell were they considering this to be the RADIO MIX whatsoever when it sounds like it was recorded after they completed a whole workout, everyone's outta breath! :D what a fancy name for a demo!

my hot take is that Geru sounds better than the final mix, they should have gone with this take instead.

Almost $60 AUD on their official store for what looks like 1 CD worth of material? I don't fucking think so

AbsoluteNaughtyAsiansmallclawedotter-max-1mb.gif

But they will have individual covers :disco:

I know I'll be getting Sporty and Posh :shock:

EDIT: There is a 2CD set and it looks like it's the best format out of this bunch?

71vaV6XB2vL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They better stop with the fucking cassettes soon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Zu
Since you ask, a world tour featuring the return of Victoria BECAUSE NOT SPICE WITHOUT POSH. Also a NEW ALBAM with limited edition picture disc VYNIL and GLITTER CASETE plus SPICE MERKIN MERCH :disco:

Five different coloured vinyl records, a bastard picture disc, 5 bloody cassettes, the double CD is £26 before postage.

FUCK OFF. Absolute shite.

(*buys one carefully selected coloured vinyl*)

2 parts into the channel 4 documentary series of 3. I've probably enjoyed the hair and make-up ladies more than the likes of Mathew Wright not wanting to be stitched up whilst being asked about stitching up the girls on a daily basis. It could have been worse though, Nicki Chapman hasn't turned up yet. The press were revolting to them. I think they could have tried to go down a less well trodden path and got the likes of old socialite Wannabe lady on and given her a glass of champagne to sip on whilst reminiscing about how she taught Posh everything she knew, which was marry a footballer and please don't think you're Aaliyah on your solo album.

I think I'm going to look up all the contemporary docu things that aired in the lead up to Spiceworld.

I must say, I always thought their albums sold more: although roughly 23, 14 and 4 million each time isn't exactly shabby.

Spice was a phenomenon, and Spiceworld obviously sold very well, but it did always seems like slightly less than I’d have expected given their fame. UK-wise anyway, it’s in the same boat as ‘Step One’, ‘All Saints’ and the like. Which were obviously very big, but not Spice Girls big.

at least 3 put of 4 All Saints would've sold Shaznay's grandmother for an album that sold 14 milli worldwide :D

The first part of the docuseries was fun and interesting; I loved that it was not catering to the fans and showing a different side to what was going on, proving that overseas fans were really oblivious to all the misogyny.

The second episode was hard to watch :gross:

:D BIT PRICEY

Do what @COB and I would do: order it, get excited for five minutes when it turns up, then pop it in the bin :disco:

Honestly I've not played a single ONE of those signed Steps CDs :disco:

I ended up ordering it :( Will I ever, ever learn? I hope not

(I got it on Amazon US for about $50, which is still an utterly insane price for TWO very SHORT compact discs)

I ended up ordering it :( Will I ever, ever learn? I hope not

(I got it on Amazon US for about $50, which is still an utterly insane price for TWO very SHORT compact discs)
:D

Of course none of this tat would be remotely tempting (:side-eye:) were YOU KNOW WHO to finally release that long-awaited BOX OF REMASTERS with 1,000-page HARDCOVER GLOSSY PICTURE BOOK :oi:

Honestly I've gone on and on about this apparently impossible dream, but surely Warners REALISE how insane her fans are? The faerie queen would get a very pretty penny for hardly any work at all! QUIDS IN LUV :disco:

The first part of the docuseries was fun and interesting; I loved that it was not catering to the fans and showing a different side to what was going on, proving that overseas fans were really oblivious to all the misogyny.

The second episode was hard to watch :gross:

Do you mean when the press turned on them?

Do you mean when the press turned on them?

Yeah. Almost every documentary about them focused on the nice stuff and their success, but this one takes an unexpected turn starting with the first part!

Yeah. Almost every documentary about them focused on the nice stuff and their success, but this one takes an unexpected turn starting with the first part!

The gutter press really were DISGUSTING to them. Horrible sexist bastards.

I always tend to look back on the 90s with enormous nostalgia, but watching the documentary and seeing how these awful white, straight men tried to tear down the legendary, iconic Spice Girls is vomit-inducing.

Matthew Wright literally radiates nastiness. Who hurt you, babes? Also, all the coke from the 90s ravaged you and you shake like you have Parkinsons.

Meanwhile, the SG all look pristine. That disgusting comment from Noel Gallagher about "what's Geri Spice going to look like at 30?". At 50, she looks better than he did at twenty. All the while, in an ivory ensemble.

The gutter press really were DISGUSTING to them. Horrible sexist bastards.

The bit where Victoria was weighed LIVE on TV a few weeks after she had given birth just to "show everybody" she was not anorexic was sending me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom