Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looks promising

They’d better not blow up Tower Bridge, bloody Americans. Jake Gyllenhall still fit, is he Mysterio then?

I need to know if that's Hydro Man or some kind of Mysterio creation or both.
I was assuming Hydro Man, which would make sense given the setting. My main question, however, would be WHERE IS MILES FUCKING MORALES? Not that Tom Holland isn't the best Spider-Man by a long chalk, but a two Spidey team up movie would just be the icing on the cake.

Anyone watch this?

It was alright, if the mid-credit scene was a bit of a jarring cliffhanger, and the post-credit scene was just confusing.

I guess this was always supposed to be a teen movie, so the love story plot was a bit blah.

Not sure how I feel about Jake though

Jake feels a bit miscast, kind of like Brie Larson as Captain Marvel. Still good though. LOVED the mid-credit scene.

7/10

Mostly good fun! He remains by far the best Peter Parker to date and is so, so likeable. The big CGI action sequences always leave me cold,
but it had a decent villain in Jake
and the whole thing zipped along nicely.

Last edited:
Eh still the same cast and director, Disney does not need to own everything.

I suppose it depends how likely Spider-Man was to feature in the next phase of the Marvel movies.

There's nothing Avengers-esque planned for the next phase - so it's potentially not going to make a huge difference. But Spider-Man SHOULD be part of the MCU.

Disney is greedy for demanding a bigger cut when they should be glad they get to use this character that Sony owns in the MCU at all. They are shooting themselves in the foot with this.

If Sony loses Marvel's imput it's highly likely that their own movies will not be the same quality as the ones made with Marvel and I swear if this leads to another reboot altogether I will NOT be watching it.

So basically everyone loses if this is how it's gonna go.

Last edited:
The deal Disney have is REALLY shit though: 5% of the first day gross and merchandise revenue.

They were always going to want more than that once the movies started turning such a huge profit. Compared to the other franchises in their portfolio, what they get from Spider-Man is barely worth their time.

They’d have to sell a LOT of merchandise - probably over YEARS - to come close to making what they could from a better % cut of the takings.

I keep reading that merchandise makes loads of money for Disney though?

I don’t doubt it does.

But Far From Home took $92 million in its opening weekend. Even if Disney got less than a 50% deal, they’d have to sell a LOT of €20 action figures to make that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom