Spider-Man: No Way Home

COB

honk
Clearly they looked at (greatest superhero film ever) Into The Spider-Verse and have decided to basically do a live-action version. Bet it won't be as good though :eyes:

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Surely it’ll be pushed back with Black Widow and Eternals and probably something else from 2020 having to come out first?

dmlaw

Democracy doesn't work
Surely it’ll be pushed back with Black Widow and Eternals and probably something else from 2020 having to come out first?
I don't think Marvel have properly sorted out their slate yet. They have six films currently listed as coming out in the 11 months from May 2021.

COB

honk
I expect this will be pushed back a bit, but because the Spider-Man films are under the weird co-production arrangement with Sony they'll probably be less free to be moved around as the ones Marvel own outright.

Diddy

Rice Queen
I’m really excited by this, I love the contrived and totally unnecessary effort to tie up the various reboots and make some narrative sense out of it :disco:

basically I’m weird about unfinished business so this feels good. Probably a bad idea despite this

ButterTart

Sex and gold
I never liked Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man and, while Andrew Garfield was good, he was also 53 by the time his first movie came out. As such, my enthusiasm for this project is muted a bit.

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
I’m sure Andrew Garfield is around our age. Also Spider-Man is usually not a teenager.

I’m pretty sure that they’ve cast Miles and that it will be the surprise of the movie.

COB

honk
Yeah, surely they won't he able to resist including Miles - I have a feeling they'll try a Young Avengers film or series at some point, and making Miles and Ms Marvel (also coming soon) major members of that feels like the sort of thing they'd do. Also Donald Glover's character in the first film was Miles' uncle, so I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up again too.

monsta

CAUGHT YOUR FEVER
This is going to be an absolute hot mess isn’t it? Daredevil’s involved too and we’re supposed to be getting Venom & Carnage too.

The delusion that they’ll match the perfection of Spiderverse.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
So they're putting out Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi between now and Christmas? :sour:

COB

honk
So they are, I didn't realise Shang-Chi (or this new Spider-Man) was this year actually :shock:

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
I think they can move one of those, also this is a Sony co-production so they don’t have ultimate control.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
With no imminent return to cinemas, I don't see how they can pull that off... I mean Black Window seems doomed to Disney+ but even then it's a squeeze

OutSynk

Witch
So they're putting out Black Widow, Eternals and Shang-Chi between now and Christmas? :sour:
KrvrnyY.gif

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
I think they can move one of those, also this is a Sony co-production so they don’t have ultimate control.
The MCU is built to be in sequence though isn't it?!

I suppose I can imagine Sony having a clause where Spider-Man can be semi-separate from the larger narrative now you mention it

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
This phase isn’t supposed to be as connected. The biggest connection that we know of is WandaVision to Dr. Strange. Spider-Man will be connected to those as it also deals with multiverse stuff.

Eternals is a new team so I don’t think it’s gonna be major, probably Easter eggs. Black Widow is a prequel and I have no idea about Shang Chi.

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Hmmm, I get that but there are often allusions to previous events and stuff right, even minor ones? I feel like there's an order they need to come out in usually. BUT I will defer to your geek knowledge on this!

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
I do think Black Widow will be back from the dead by the end of that also :su2: (NOT based on anything other than pure speculation)

COB

honk
I think they've been quite lucky that this year's films don't SEEM to be as connected as previous ones - I reckon there'll be stuff like post-credits scenes to tease things, but I suppose if it came to it those could be moved from one film to another?

Reactions: dUb

Phoenix

I am not a liar ;)
I do think Black Widow will be back from the dead by the end of that also :su2: (NOT based on anything other than pure speculation)

I think the movie will be used to launch Florence Pugh as the new black widow since most of the original avengers are now out of commission.

But this is also pure speculation.

Pipo

The devil's in the details
Andrew Garfield and Tobey McGuire apparently confirmed not to be in this at all :shock: Guess they trolled everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom