Spider-Man: No Way Home

You're AMAZING...

• Total voters
I think it was more to give Sony an 'out' to do their own films with Holland that didn't have any MCU stuff in them, but now they've confirmed another trilogy under the co-production deal so who knows what'll happen :o

Yeah funny what almost $2bn at the box office within a month will do :basil:

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB
OK so I really enjoyed this, but the ending really bummed me out! I've no problem with it being a complicated ending, it actually made it more interesting, but

are we supposed to believe that we was HAPPY AND CONTENT with his new life? Smiling as he unloaded his sad box of remaining keepsakes and stitching together a shitty mark 1 spider suit? He just lost his only living relative / psuedo-Mom (his fault), his girlfriend and best friend no longer know him, none of the Avengers know him, he's dumped from Stark industries, he's still a vigilante, and he's broke. But HERE'S TO A FRESH START! :D It was the darkest ending to a Marvel movie yet IMO

But apart from that...

I actually liked the
bits with Garfield and Maguire, which I didn't expect to. Even though I didn't like his movies, Garfield is always a joy, and this is the best Spidey performance Tobey Maguire has ever given

Also question, was there an end credits scene?

I saw the pre-credits scene ( :horny: ) but couldn't be arsed staying to the very end.

OK so I really enjoyed this, but the ending really bummed me out! I've no problem with it being a complicated ending, it actually made it more interesting, but

are we supposed to believe that we was HAPPY AND CONTENT with his new life? Smiling as he unloaded his sad box of remaining keepsakes and stitching together a shitty mark 1 spider suit? He just lost his only living relative / psuedo-Mom (his fault), his girlfriend and best friend no longer know him, none of the Avengers know him, he's dumped from Stark industries, he's still a vigilante, and he's broke. But HERE'S TO A FRESH START! :D It was the darkest ending to a Marvel movie yet IMO

But apart from that...

I actually liked the
bits with Garfield and Maguire, which I didn't expect to. Even though I didn't like his movies, Garfield is always a joy, and this is the best Spidey performance Tobey Maguire has ever given

YES that’s that I mean! I mean of course it’s Marvel and this will definitely get sorted out somehow (well, not Aunt May), but that’s expectation outside the realms of the actual script of that movie. There were no teases that it might be alright, I think they really were trying to sell that ending. WTF

Also question, was there an end credits scene?

I saw the pre-credits scene ( :horny: ) but couldn't be arsed staying to the very end.

I don’t think so - I waited until the end, and weirdly we got a Doctor Strange 2 trailer! I’ve never had a trailer at the end of a film before

I don’t think so - I waited until the end, and weirdly we got a Doctor Strange 2 trailer! I’ve never had a trailer at the end of a film before

THE LAZINESS :D

"oh we'd better throw something in for all the fans who we've trained to wait and sit through 20 minutes of scrolling text..."

THE LAZINESS :D

"oh we'd better throw something in for all the fans who we've trained to wait and sit through 20 minutes of scrolling text..."

I mean they normally have one but it’s always teasing something connecting that film and something coming up. So if they didn’t have one, what would be better, nothing? Maybe

well, to be fair, Strange was is a main/supporting character in this movie so I don't think anyone could complain and it made sense to have a trailer of what's next considering there aren't any marvel releases connecting Phase 4. (I don't think Moon Knight will do this either?)

Not that the extra publicity is needed, I reckon the Strange sequel will make loads at the box office (maybe not No Way Home numbers but still) having him and Wanda as main characters sounds so exciting 😍

Yeah I mean I’m excited for it. Did everyone else get the trailer?

I feel like I had seen it online already though. But that could’ve been after Spider-Man came out, Japan got it on a bit of a lag

The first Captain America film had a trailer for Avengers at the very end, so it's not entirely unprecedented :o

To be fair I haven’t seen the Dr Strange trailer :D I guess if it was a kind of debut with the movie that’s quite cool. And I did not know Wanda was in it :o

The post credit scene with Eddie Brock only works if you've seen Let There Be Carnage's post credits scene. There were quite a few WTF's going on from some of the younger audience in the four times I've seen it. :eyes:

I rewatched this at home last night and was once again a sniffling mess from the moment Aunt May died until the end. Also I rarely laugh at Marvel's jokes but when Tom mentions the Avengers to the others and Tobey responds with "that's great, what is that?", then Tom tries to explain further but Tobey grows frustrated and yells "HOW IS THIS HELPING?!" I cackled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom