Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis Bextor - Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)

Just for this lifetime...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
A poll to celebrate this Spice-slaying classic FINALLY hitting Spotify in its original form.

SEB had a good stab at recreating it but it wasn't quite the same.

Quite interesting regarding why it has been so elusive:

SEB had a good stab at recreating it but it wasn't quite the same.

Quite interesting regarding why it has been so elusive:

Didn't know any of that.

Oh the bit about the original writer is quite nice.

I think I assumed that it was to do with Spiller being difficult for some reason (which admittedly doesn't really make much sense).

Now if only they could FINALLY get that bitch Coco Star to release Toca's Miracle!

Now if only they could FINALLY get that bitch Coco Star to release Toca's Miracle!
I was about to say. Although it sounds like Groovejet was just expensive and long rather than being tangled in a decades old resentment like Toca.

I’m so grateful they used SEB for the vocal which enabled her to relaunch herself after (the very good) theaudience. Not sure how it’d have panned out for her without this.

Oh it ended up on Defected. I wonder if this means they plan on securing rights to other lost dance classics...

I’m so grateful they used SEB for the vocal which enabled her to relaunch herself after (the very good) theaudience. Not sure how it’d have panned out for her without this.

Didn't she also write it? (The lyrics, obviously the instrumental had been doing the rounds for a while)

Didn't she also write it? (The lyrics, obviously the instrumental had been doing the rounds for a while)
Yes, what I really meant was I’m so glad they brought her on board for the project.

Love what Sophie brings here: it's like stirring the sugar into a cup of tea. The track would have been an iconic hit as an instrumental, but what a Sunset of the Ibiza classics era to have both options to enjoy and bask in. I didn't really know Theaudience very well beyond their features on a few music shows, but it was obvious Sophie had an almost otherly, aloof allure and this drive thru thrust her impeccably. I also had a crush on the guy at the time, I do love a 7ft giant with a dopey smile.

I like the remix. "Groovejet (If This Ain't Love)" is so much better than the original song, "Love Is You." It makes me wonder what a whole album of new songs built off Salsoul samples might be like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom