Sri Lanka is falling apart

big ron

Chief Super Moderator
Pronouns
He/him
Don’t know if its me but this doesn’t seem to be getting a lot of attention right now in the UK. Sri Lanka is basically fucked. National debt defats leading to being unable to operate as a country. Power outages, no oil, lack of essentials etc. It’s really wild and doesn’t look like its going to get any better.

"Four out of five people in Sri Lanka have started skipping meals as they cannot afford to eat, the UN has said, warning of a looming “dire humanitarian crisis” with millions in need of aid."

Oh shit. Absolutely awful.

This is the first I'd heard of this! Too far away I guess 🙄

They put in an absolutely insane reform about a year or two ago that all agriculture had to be organic...which led to agriculture there completely collapsing (in terms of producing the level of output needed to sustain their population) in the space of a year. Which everyone involved with the decision had been warned about in the process. Mental.

They put in an absolutely insane reform about a year or two ago that all agriculture had to be organic...which led to agriculture there completely collapsing (in terms of producing the level of output needed to sustain their population) in the space of a year. Which everyone involved with the decision had been warned about in the process. Mental.
Yeah I went down a bit of a Twitter rabbit hole after posting and read that, and the inevitable conspiracy theories that it was all deliberate. Great Reset etc.

The PM has offered to resign.

BRITAIN PROUDLY LEADS THE WAY AGAIN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom