Stabbing attack in Reading

I must say people being stabbed in a park in a town centre is a pretty grim development.

Wasn’t there some sort of link to a BLM protest?

Wasn’t there some sort of link to a BLM protest?
They were the early reports but apparently it's unrelated.

Of course that would fit have fitted nicely in with various people's narratives though.

The descriptions of this is quite scary. Parks are all we have!

Slightly agog Moopy is ignoring this seeing as all the victims were gay men.

The victims are being announced. All 30 something gay men. You have to wonder if that was deliberate.

From the witness statements it sounds like it was pretty random and the guys who died were drinking together. But details are still coming out of course.

It’s still being dealt with as a terror attack. Most likely random. I mean what do you actually do in this situation? Do you try and run off or help those around you? It’s just terrifying. I imagine I would try and help the group I’m with but who knows.

It’s still being dealt with as a terror attack. Most likely random. I mean what do you actually do in this situation? Do you try and run off or help those around you? It’s just terrifying. I imagine I would try and help the group I’m with but who knows.

You can't say that at all until you're in that situation. I've always thought I'd charge at someone rather than run away, but you will NEVER know how you react until you're in that situation.

I also think it's KINDA off to speculate on that, but maybe that's just me.

I was just thinking aloud really as it’s just such an incomprehensible situation to be in, that’s all, no offence intended.

I don’t think speculation is in itself is necessarily off, unless it's being done to criticise someone for not acting in a way you believe you would - when you can't possibly know.

I'm 100% certain I would run if my nearest and dearest were safe, though.

It sounded like it all happened very quickly. Possibly very little any of them could do, especially if they've been drinking in the sun all day.

Apparently the attacker walked through the park before murdering them. Every reason to suggest it was a deliberate choice of gay men.

Will be interesting to see how the media play this in the end. They're loving using the 'suspected terrorist attack' card - but haven't heard them one mention it could potentially be a hate crime. They're happy to speculate the former, but not the latter.

Of course, it could be (and I suspect it might be) both.

Not one mention that that they were gay men in any of the press I've seen (aside from The Spectator) - odd it's being glossed over. What's the agenda?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom