Star Trek: Lower Decks

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
New animated comedy series, focusing on the crew who have the more mundane jobs on starships

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Not the healthiest like to dislike ratio on that video (2:1)

COB

honk
I have a feeling that this will be the sort of thing that doesn't really WORK in a quick trailer (or maybe that's just wishful thinking as I didn't laugh once), but I'll probably give it a couple of episodes to see what it's like.

Madison

Everything goes up by six
It surely can’t be any worse than Disco.

And if it is, it can always be decanonised like the original animated series.

COB

honk
I enjoyed it! I was expecting it to ape Rick and Morty, but it feels more like Futurama with a heavy dose of TNG-era nostalgia. The first episode does a nice job of introducing the characters while also having a formulaic Trek plot happening in the background (complete with a classic extremely quick and convenient resolution to the threat). It wasn't laugh a minute, but there were some chuckles and I found it far more charming than I expected to - I'll definitely be watching next week's episode.

COB

honk
I should've been posting in here more, but I just watched the finale and I LOVE THIS SHOW, the characters really grew on me very quickly and it's just full of fun little moments. Last week's episode where they did a 'movie' version of the show on the holodeck (complete with a Shakespeare-quoting villain and ridiculous lens flares everywhere) was particularly great :D I'm still amazed at no broadcaster or streaming service picking it up in the UK!

Iguana

Protect yourself with fire
Yes shame it's not been shown in the UK. Did I read it had been cancelled or am I making that up? I'm not sure the reviews were exactly stunning, other than @COB's?

COB

honk
It's definitely getting a second season :disco: I won't say anything else due to spoilers, but a particular character who shows up in the finale will also appear again apparently :o

dUb

EXCITING WEIRD
Yes shame it's not been shown in the UK. Did I read it had been cancelled or am I making that up? I'm not sure the reviews were exactly stunning, other than @COB's?
Coming to Prime Video in Europe Jan 22nd! It's very good, and definitely grew in popularity over the course of the season. Near unanimous praise by the finale, from what I saw.

Iguana

Coming to Prime Video in Europe Jan 22nd! It's very good, and definitely grew in popularity over the course of the season. Near unanimous praise by the finale, from what I saw.

Oh yay! Thanks for the intel.

I've been watching Final Space on Netflix instead and it's very good!

Reactions: dUb

Iguana

Just finished watching the season! It was good, some episodes better than others but the last two were really strong, I think because they actually became quite Trek-y.

I wonder if Mariner and Boimler will stay split away from each other in season 2 and whether Riker and Troi will continue to feature (they sure get around the franchise, don't they?). I'm assuming there will be a demotion in Boimler's future :D

Reactions: COB

COB

honk
Apparently
Boimler will still be on the Titan at the start of season two, Riker is confirmed to appear but Troi isn't :(

COB

honk
I mean that's what they've said in terms of voice actors, it's possible the character could appear but not say anything :o

Iguana

I mean that's what they've said in terms of voice actors, it's possible the character could appear but not say anything :o
Star Trek Eye Roll GIF

• Haha
Reactions: COB

COB

honk
Season 2 coming in August, here's a teaser:
Season 3 has also been confirmed :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom