Star Trek: Picard

Putting Discovery on Netflix and Picard on Amazon is a bit of a farce but fortunately I have both. I guess they're really just selling to the higher bidder at the cost of consistency.

Hope this is good!

Reactions: dUb
Is it a prequel? I suppose it can't be a sequel (unless he surprisingly procreated)

According to completely unverified rumours, the whole Star Trek franchise has run out of money, so Picard is having to be scaled back and Discovery is on ice until they can find a way to better monetise it with merchandise.

I hope it's not true but they do seem to have about 700 new Star Trek series lined up, I did wonder when the bubble would burst...

Is it a prequel? I suppose it can't be a sequel (unless he surprisingly procreated)

No, it comes after TNG, when Picard has left Star Fleet. I'm not exactly sure where it fits into the timeline in relation to DSN and Voyager.

It's due out towards the end of this year.

No, it comes after TNG, when Picard has left Star Fleet. I'm not exactly sure where it fits into the timeline in relation to DSN and Voyager.

It's due out towards the end of this year.
Apparently it's set fifteen years after Star Trek Nemesis, which came out in 2002 - so ALMOST progressing in real time, minus a year or two.

As for those rumours, I wouldn't put much stock in them. There's a whole cottage industry of Youtubers making up a load of nonsense about Trek recently, for example one guy who kept going on about Discovery's 'bad ratings' when none of the streaming services it's on release ratings :side-eye:

Apparently it's set fifteen years after Star Trek Nemesis, which came out in 2002 - so ALMOST progressing in real time, minus a year or two.

As for those rumours, I wouldn't put much stock in them. There's a whole cottage industry of Youtubers making up a load of nonsense about Trek recently, for example one guy who kept going on about Discovery's 'bad ratings' when none of the streaming services it's on release ratings :side-eye:

Ooh ok thank you! It will be interesting to see how Discovery fares next season now that Netflix are releasing info on the top 10 shows every week.

Genuinely agog!
I knew they wouldn't be able to resist having the Borg in this, but DAME JERI RYAN?! Also whatever weird combination of makeup and CGI they've used on Data makes him look more like a robot than he used to, so I don't mind it too much.

Last edited:
OMG at the face work they had to do to de-age Data :D

Other than that, and 7 of 9 acting a little *too* casual for my liking, I'm on board for this.

Well Episode 1 is out.

I found it pretty good - and a joy to finally be in a post-Voyager world - but really rather cheesy.

I’m from Seattle!

Was genuinely quite well made and a nice refreshing change from the flashy CGI and ridiculous camera angles of Discovery.

Picard's stunt double (when running up the stairs) looks about 50 years younger though. Genuine lol at how bad it was.

Oh my god :o I can't imagine Q working well as the antagonist of a whole season, but I'm definitely up for him popping up to cause trouble here and there. We're getting Guinan as well, right?

Of course, the best way to deal with Q remains punching him in the fucking face:

• BOOM BOOM
The poster is cool

E4BKfhyVcAcLsKH

Supposed premise for this one:

"All those time travel theories confirmed, the team are headed back to the present day or very near-future Los Angeles, but why is the Q-uestion?"

Not too much to go on there, but I'm cautiously optimistic! I wonder if the present-day setting is where they'll meet Guinan, like in that TNG episode where she was mincing around with Mark Twain :disco:

So they're not even trying to de-age JDL, cool cool. I guess he'll just explain it as him choosing to appear as Picard's age.
The weird thing to me, is I barely even recognise him there! Looks more like the Master or something.
Given that he played Discord in My Little Pony (they wanted a Q-like character and ended up getting him on board) I can't help wondering if they'll sneak in some kind of easter egg like "they exiled me to this world full of horses to learn about friendship, Jean-Luc, it was utterly dreadful"

edit for context

Last edited:
Slightly worrying:
Filming on Paramount+ drama Star Trek: Picard has been shut down since Monday following a sizable COVID-19 outbreak.

Sources say more than 50 members of the large production tested positive on Monday, which was the first day of work after the Christmas break. The Patrick Stewart-led series has one of television's biggest crews, numbering more than 450 staffers. The infections impacted multiple zones, including cast in zone A.
Omicron is really starting to hit the US hard, it seems. I'm assuming he's fully boosted and everything, but Patrick Stewart really needs to WATCH OUT at his age :(

I'm quite excited!

Also LOL at this:

Good thing I enjoy all of these shows to various degrees :tongueout:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom