Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

What a snappy title

It is like they couldn't decide between three so went with them all.

I find it a little hard to get excited about the prospects of the new material if they are leading with New York City. Maybe it will be transformed in the studio version...

Do we know that it definitely IS the title, and it's not just assumption because of the clock face on kylie.com?

I can't say I fully approve. But if it's truly definitive, who gives a fuck? :disco:

She's had over 70 singles, unless it's a box set we're not going to get every single one. They could keep it to UK singles and do something like this:

CD1 - PWL Era
1 I Should Be So Lucky
2 Got To Be Certain
3 The Loco-Motion
4 Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
5 Especially For You
6 Hand On Your Heart
7 Wouldn't Change A Thing
8 Never Too Late
9 Tears On My Pillow
10 Better The Devil You Know
11 Step Back In Time
12 What Do I Have To Do
13 Shocked
14 Word Is Out
15 If You Were With Me Now
16 Give Me Just A Little More Time
17 Finer Feelings
18 What Kind of Fool
19 Celebration

CD2 -Deconstruction to Ultimate Kylie Era
1 Confide In Me
2 Put Yourself In My Place
3 Where Is The Feeling
4 Some Kind Of Bliss
5 Did It Again
6 Breathe
7 Spinning Around
8 On A Night Like This
9 Kids
10 Please Stay
11 Your Disco Needs You
12 Can't Get You Out Of My Head
13 In Your Eyes
14 Love At First Sight
15 Come Into My World
16 Slow
17 Red Blooded Woman
18 Chocolate
19 I Believe In You
20 Giving You Up

CD3 - X to 2019 Era
1 2 Hearts
2 Wow
3 In My Arms
4 The One
5 All The Lovers
6 Get Outta My Way
7 Better Than Today
8 Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love)
9 Timebomb
10 Flower
11 Into The Blue
12 I Was Gonna Cancel
13 Crystallize
14 Dancing
15 Stop Me From Falling
16 Golden
17 A Lifetime To Repair
18 Music's To Sad Without You
19 New York City
20 New Track
21 New Track

That third disc would be patchy as fuck.

I’m all for definitive, but to think we’d end up having to sit through Better Than Today and I Was Gonna Cancel...

No new songs (well New York City is hardly new, is it), recycled artwork and a cover that looks as if it was knocked up on MS Paint (cover on her Instagram for those who can be arsed).

I think we'll be waiting a while for that "definitive" collection. This is cheap as fuck.

So apparently these songs have made it (along with Where The Wild Roses Grow)

CD1 - PWL Era
1 I Should Be So Lucky
2 Got To Be Certain
3 The Loco-Motion
4 Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi
5 Especially For You
6 Hand On Your Heart
7 Wouldn't Change A Thing
8 Never Too Late
9 Tears On My Pillow
10 Better The Devil You Know
11 Step Back In Time
12 What Do I Have To Do
13 Shocked
14 Word Is Out
15 If You Were With Me Now

16 Give Me Just A Little More Time
17 Finer Feelings
18 What Kind of Fool
19 Celebration

CD2 -Deconstruction to Ultimate Kylie Era
1 Confide In Me
2 Put Yourself In My Place
3 Where Is The Feeling
4 Some Kind Of Bliss
5 Did It Again

6 Breathe
7 Spinning Around
8 On A Night Like This
9 Kids
10 Please Stay
11 Your Disco Needs You
12 Can't Get You Out Of My Head
13 In Your Eyes
14 Love At First Sight
15 Come Into My World
16 Slow
17 Red Blooded Woman
18 Chocolate
19 I Believe In You
20 Giving You Up

CD3 - X to 2019 Era
1 2 Hearts
2 Wow
3 In My Arms
4 The One
5 All The Lovers
6 Get Outta My Way
7 Better Than Today
8 Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love)

9 Timebomb
10 Flower
11 Into The Blue
12 I Was Gonna Cancel
13 Crystallize>

14 Dancing
15 Stop Me From Falling
16 Golden
17 A Lifetime To Repair
18 Music's To Sad Without You

19 New York City
20 New Track
21 New Track

Notable omissions are Into The Blue (so no songs from Kiss Me Once) and Chocolate. Most of the others I can see why they were missed out. MASSIVE surprise What Kind Of Fool made it though - she must have got over her HATRED of the song (which was probably more bout the era than anything else).

Last edited:
It's being released on FIVE cassettes, as well as the usual multi formats. With this out the week of Glastonbury it's gonna have massive sales, I think.

img.php

Massive sales? Really?

There's absolutely nothing here to appeal to a large chunk of her fanbase yet the countless bundles and cassettes (DIE will you!) are clearly targeted at them.

It'll do ok. I will genuinely be surprised if it's a big success.

I'll pass though. It all looks a bit bargain basement for my liking.

No. 20 hit Celebration makes the listing over No.11 hit Into The Blue. Kylie still trying to make her cover of the song happen.

How can this be definitive if one studio album is completely lacking in representation?

I don’t think Celebration made it over Into the Blue, they are different eras so would have been on different CDs anyway. If anything, The One is the one which should probably have been cut, or Stop Me From Falling, but I understand why she has 2 from the most recent album.

It does look like they've tried to go with fan favourites/songs she does live over chart positions. There are of course songs I would swap but it isn't too bad overall.

The cassette fuckery though. Shame they couldn't have done a proper deluxe three disc with the missing singles that people are bothered about (so not Better Than Today and I Was Gonna Cancel etc) and some of the oddities like Crystallize, Higher and Skirt.

I will get this at some point, but probably not week of release.

The cassette fuckery though. Shame they couldn't have done a proper deluxe three disc with the missing singles that people are bothered about (so not Better Than Today and I Was Gonna Cancel etc) and some of the oddities like Crystallize, Higher and Skirt.

I will get this at some point, but probably not week of release.

#justice4skirt

“What Do I Have To Do” is not on the vinyl but the other three RoL tracks are. I’m so annoyed- as if “Shocked” should be ahead of it!

I think it’s bizarre she’s dropped “Into The Blue” of all the songs, but also “Music’s No Good Without You”, which was really well received, I thought, and would be a great closer...

wot no sexercize? seriously, it's weird she's not put a single song from kmo on there. what's that at end of this promo?

can't believe they didn't even bother with a new photoshoot either. very will this do.

In fact I'm not sure why I never noticed it before. That baseline is unmistakeable:

I’ve no need for this seeing as I have all the albums and a far more comprehensive Spotify hits playlist.

the cover would have looked so much prettier in all white

kw-png.10219

From a commercial perspective, I just can’t really see the point in this as opposed to bunging out a single disc GH and pairing it with Golden (unless that would exclude it from the chart).

I suppose it makes sense in as much as the new label probably want a GH collection of their own. But otherwise it’s a bit something and nothing - and honestly besides a handful of killer tracks from the last decade, I could see the Glastonbury audience (that this is obviously aimed at) being just as happy with Ultimate Kylie.

I mean it’s hardly just after Ultimate Kylie, is it? It’s been 15 years! That’s Rihanna’s entire career. Are there Ultimate Kylies in every bargain bin in the nation or something??

Ultimate Kylie went out of print in 2008 and isn't even available on various streaming services around the world

Commercially reissuing it would make no sense because this GH will primarily appeal to the fanbase and collectors and they won't be collecting something they already have

Oh I figured Ultimate Kylie was probably floating around the budget supermarket chart for a fiver.

Still, all the same @Diddy, I’m not convinced for the casual observer that the length of time that has passed is awfully significant in this case. What songs would we call absolute classics that have permeated to that audience pre-Golden?

Wow
All The Lovers

Er...

Some bright spark (Kylie loons can be useful sometimes) came up with this for a hypothetical third disc that rights a few wrongs:

28k3os8.jpg

jijrxw.jpg

Some bright spark (Kylie loons can be useful sometimes) came up with this for a hypothetical third disc that rights a few wrongs:

28k3os8.jpg

jijrxw.jpg

So the version of Stop Me From Falling on the album isn't the Gente de Zona mix? Another fail.

I love Kylie but this just feels a bit half arsed

*buys anyway*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom