Step Back in Time: The Definitive Collection

lolly

Rowena? From Kuwait?
A 7 day countdown has appeared on her website.

A spotify link on the page links to a Best Of playlist, and a Step Back In Time photo has been posted on her Instagram today.

She's also on Graham Norton next week, although apparently not as the musical guest.

Not really - but she'd be a fool to do the legend slot at Glastonbury and not have something out there.

New GH?! That's silly.

Should be a reissue of Golden with new tracks or even an entire new album..

New GH?! That's silly.

Should be a reissue of Golden with new tracks or even an entire new album..

Dolly did a 2CD one new album, one GH. That would have made sense to me. Or an expanded Golden, as you say. It seems Golden was closed at the end of last year, though.

A Golden/GH double disc is the OBVIOUS option. The album itself hasn’t sold in such huge quantities that there wouldn’t be a potentially large market for it with a bonus GH for good measure.

A Golden/GH double disc is the OBVIOUS option. The album itself hasn’t sold in such huge quantities that there wouldn’t be a potentially large market for it with a bonus GH for good measure.

Maybe Golden+ (with 4 new tacks) and a GH disc.

Maybe Golden+ (with 4 new tacks) and a GH disc.

It worked wonders for Dolly.

No disrespect to her but shoving her Greatest Hits on there gave the album better legs than it ever would have had in its own right.

The only challenge will be how to condense Kylie’s Greatest Hits into a single disc. As a compilation it’s going to have to be a lot of things to different demographics and quite frankly anything after Ultimate Kylie will feel a little basic.

The only challenge will be how to condense Kylie’s Greatest Hits into a single disc.

1. I Should Be So Lucky
2. The Locomotion
3. Hand On Your Heart
3. Step Back in Time
4. Shocked
5. What Do I Have to Do
5. Better The Devil you Know
6. Confide in Me
7. Where the Wild Roses Grow
8. Breathe
9. Spinning Around
10. On A Night Like This
11. Can't Get You Out of My Head
12. In Your Eyes
13. Love at First Sight
14. Slow
15. I Believe In You
16. In my Arms
17. All the Lovers
18. Timebomb
19. Dancing

I think there’ll be a few more latter day tracks. And there is no way Wow wouldn’t be there, for better or for worse.

Wasn't Golden and a GH the original plan?

I like this idea better as there at least might be multiple formats with more interesting tracklistings available.

I don't think they would ever go for just one Golden track, either.

Strictly speaking, they don’t need to put ANY Golden tracks on it, if it’s being packaged WITH the album.

Strictly speaking, they don’t need to put ANY Golden tracks on it, if it’s being packaged WITH the album.

IF - obviously.

I also wonder if they would bypass Kids...

Popjustice reporting new single May 3, Greatest Hits June 7.

Last edited:
YAY! Another Greatest Hits!

Makes sense I suppose, given she hasn’t had much time to record a new album, but I wish they could have come up with something a bit more exciting, like the Dolly model.

HELL, release a GH which has a deluxe with Bsides or something going on...

I would love a 3rd disc for Ultimate Kylie. Sell it as a deluxe 3CD or individual.

Doing something so comprehensive (well, as comprehensive as we’re ever likely to get) was great but it set a high standard for subsequent hits collections.

There again, in the age of playlists and streaming, one for the casual fans to tie in with Glastonbury is undoubtedly where the money is.

Popjustice reporting new single May 3, Greatest Hits June 7.

New Kylie single next week. :disco:

I assume they'll announce the GH details then, so only a week to dream of what they could include before they reveal it is a one disc featuring Celebration again.

The rumour is that it's a set of "reimagined" hits with 3 new songs - Rose is a Rose, New York City and World's Greatest Lover

Hmm, I wonder what 'reimagined' means, bearing in mind we've already had Abbey Road.

A compilation only makes sense in the context of her Glastonbury slot, but then considering that, only a straightforward compilation makes sense doesn't it? Unless she's doing a reimagined set, which I doubt.

Well she's also doing a Greatest Hits tour at the tail end of the year apparently so I guess this release is more in support of that than Glasto - and I'd also guess any reimagined hits will be on a second/third disc alongside the originals

That does seem plausible. Not entirely sure I'd be here for it though.

If anything, after hearing the demo of One More Kiss before it was countrified, I'd prefer a pop version of Golden, even if the market would only be a few thousand gays.

It would be fun if she released a dance/pop reissue of Golden with a disc of countrified versions of the classics...

So the GH is titled: Step Back In Time, The Definitive Collection. Pop Precision Since 1987 :)

Seems like originals rather than reimagined versions. The single coming Friday is New York City

Unless it's three discs I'll struggle with the word Definitive being used.

NYC? *yawn*

Could she not be faffed to record anything new?

That title is erm something.

Also why bother building hype for a song most fans (let's face it, this isn't going to be a huge seller) have ALREADY HEARD?

It is hardly the new CGYOOMH.

"she is inside a clock" on the album cover, for what it's worth

Why bother putting her inside a clock when most fans ALREADY HAVE ONE?

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom